• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Best player in the NHL - Carey Price?

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
Don't want to jinx is season, also don't want to sound bias but is Carey Price currently the best player in the NHL

Konshentz

Konshentz
You're definitely biased. Haha.

I'm curious though, why do you think he's better than every other player in the NHL?

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
He's playing on a whole new level. His stats are comparable to Rinne's but if you actually compare their D-core, Nashville has the edge. Like Cryps mentioned, he's carrying his offensive challenged team to the playoffs and the amounts of shots he's faced this year is astronomical. Despite Crosby and Stamkos, no player comes close to his value.

OlTimeBaseball

Registered Member
It's interesting comparing a goalie to forward or defensemen in terms of being the best player. Right now in my opinion, there is no clear best player in the NHL, as I type Nick Backstrom is the points leader in the league. No one is saying he is the best player in the league and I am not either. For goalies it comes down to Rinne and Price for sure though, I know last year as soon as Price went out I knew the Champion would come out of the LA-Chicago Series. He has great value to Montreal. He is definitely in the discussion with Rinne as best in the league in terms of meaning to the team. I floundered a lot here. I'm a Flyers fan by the way.