• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Best Player in the NBA right now?

Who is the Best of the Best?

• Kobe Bryant

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • LeBron James

• Steve Nash

• Tracy Mcgrady

• Dwyane Wade

• Total voters
S

scottmcgrady

Who is the best of the best? people say Steve Nash will get MVP, but that doesnt mean he's the best so whos your pick?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I think the best player right now has to be LeBron James due to the fact he's only 22 and he can dominate a game like no one. he does everything right: Pass the ball, Rebound the ball and ceratainly score. The only sketchy thing about is game his is defence, but look at Michael Jordan how he improved with is. By the way you should of put Vince Carter on that list.

E

Escobar

In my opinion, as of right now, it's easily Kobe Bryant. He leads the league in PPG, and with all those 40 point games this season (not to mention the 81 point game) it's hard to not say he's the best player in the league. Not to mention he's not half bad on defense. LeBron James is closing in quick, but I don't think he's better than Kobe Bryant at this point.

Besides, look at what Kobe is doing in the playoffs XD Most people never thought the Lakers would get to be up 3-1 against the Suns...all they gotta do now is win this game in L.A. and it's on to the 2nd round :p

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Kobe is an incredeble talent and he's considered one of the best but the thing that knocks him is he doesn't make is teamates better like LeBron James does, he's a selfish player and it's all about Kobe. LeBron James is setting records in the playoffs right now so you can't give the advantage to Kobe with that.

E

Escobar

That's what I meant by look at how he's playing in the playoffs. Kobe definitely toned the selfishness down a couple notches in the past few games with Pheonix, looking to pass first, taking mostly open shots and making his team better. His selfishness is the only knock on him, but he's definitely an amazing player either way. LeBron James is certainly better than any player I can think of was when they were his age, but I don't think he's at the point yet where I'll say he's better than Kobe.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I have to agree with your first statement that Kobe has been making is teamates like all stars in the playoffs but he didnt show me that during the regular season so I can't agree that Kobe is the best player at this moment. He's got skills but LeBron James at the age of 22 accomplished almost everything that Kobe did. It's just amazing to see what he can do on the basketball court. Even though I think Kobe is an amazing talent I just think that LeBron is a little better. But everyone as their opinions.

A

ajclay

I do not think it is fare to give Labron a higher rating only because of his age.

Best right now, should be just that.

Today... who do you want on your team.

and I think the ones who say Kobe is not that player, is simply letting the hype get to them.

Kobe was by far the best individual player in 2005-2006. No way around it.

who will be the best over the next 10 seasons?

Bron Bron!
:)

but today... Kobe all the way!

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yes you have a point that he was the best player in the league this year, but you got to remember as well that he took close to half of the shots for the Lakers, so that's why is scoring average was that high, but yes you can also make the argument that he has to make those shots and I agree, he made a lot of difficult shots this year. Also he did get a 81 points game against my Raptors and he did score 62 points in the first three quartres against the Mavs, but sorry in my opinion he's not considered the best because he doesn't make is teamates better. Dont get me wrong he's an amazing player, but I can't say he's the best in the game.

F

fatboy

Vince Carter said:
I think the best player right now has to be LeBron James due to the fact he's only 22 and he can dominate a game like no one. he does everything right: Pass the ball, Rebound the ball and ceratainly score. The only sketchy thing about is game his is defence, but look at Michael Jordan how he improved with is. By the way you should of put Vince Carter on that list.
he is great, but the subject is best player, not best 22 year old player, kobe is without a doubt the best player in the league today and yesterday and tomorrow. now who is to say when lebron is kobe's age he wont be better then M.J. and kobe and majic, but now it is KOBE.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Once again I would have to disagree with you, because like I stated earlier the only reason why he's getting so many points per game is because he takes an average of 25-30 shots per game, that's why he got so many 40 points game this year. Also I know you probably watch the games, and you see that Kobe sometimes get triple team and he still shoots the ball, and sometimes he gets it in, but there's also a lot of time where he misses badly, why doesn't pass it to is teamates instead better chance of making a basket. But also like I said LeBron was very close to 35 ppg he got 31ppg and he also got 7rpg and 6apg which is crazy numbers.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
dDave NBA 11
Mirage NBA 7
K NBA 19
K NBA 6
S NBA 7