• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Best Place to Eat Fish.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I really like fish, especially catfish. Many of the restaurants I've been to don't really have that great of fish but this new one we found by accident was great. Wasn't greasy and tasted good, even their sides were good. Don't know if its a chain or not but the name of it is Catfish Kettle. We will be going back the next time my husband has to get chemo.

Its not a cheap place but its not as high as some places I've been. Between meals for the three of us and a decent tip I spent $40.00. I will spend less money at Long John Silvers or Captain D's but I'm not crazy about their fish. Could be just the places I've ate at, even with chains there seems to be a difference between restaurants.

What is the best fish restaurant you know of?

Impaired

Registered Member
Blackened grouper from Cadillac Jack's

Grilled swordfish at the Astral Plane.

Sophia

Registered Member
I live on the coast so the best place for fish is my kitchen table. However, I have eaten at a couple of places that serves great fish. Islamadora is one and the other is a local bar here where the food is as good as the drinks.

Impaired

Registered Member
The American Schooner in Cold Springs Harbor, near Cape May, NJ.

The fishing boats come in at the end of the dock, the restaurants is closer to shore. Great fish market. About as fresh as you can get fish - and with fish, it is fresh or nothing.

danwiz

Registered Member
Must agree with Sophia that the best place for fish is at our kitchen table, event hough we're not near the coast and have to buy our fish from the supermarket.

Impaired

Registered Member
There is a HUGE difference between what you get at the market, to what you get from a fish place where they boats came in a few hours ago and you are eating fish that was swimming earlier in the day.

IrishLass2247

Registered Member
The American Schooner in Cold Springs Harbor, near Cape May, NJ.

The fishing boats come in at the end of the dock, the restaurants is closer to shore. Great fish market. About as fresh as you can get fish - and with fish, it is fresh or nothing.
Do you know that I am a Jersey girl and I have never been to Cape May? So I have not had the pleasure to go to The American Schrooner. I have been deep sea fishing out of Belmar and we caught flounder one year. It was delicious and a great start to summer.

The best seafood I ever had was in Maine. Eating dockside as the lobster boats come in, you just can't get more New England.

Impaired

Registered Member
Do you know that I am a Jersey girl and I have never been to Cape May? So I have not had the pleasure to go to The American Schrooner. I have been deep sea fishing out of Belmar and we caught flounder one year. It was delicious and a great start to summer.

The best seafood I ever had was in Maine. Eating dockside as the lobster boats come in, you just can't get more New England.
The schooner is basically right at the end of the highway part of Route 9 right before you get to Cape May. Pretty sure it is Col Springs Harbor.

Great restaurant, also good fish store. And you can watch the fishing boats coming in.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
In the East Coast of Canada. It is so fresh and so delicious. Prior to me visiting Newfoundland, I never really had fresh fish, and wasn’t the biggest fan, but now I love it. I try to buy some at the freshest place around in my city.

Impaired

Registered Member
I often find that people who don't like fish, never had fresh fish.