Best Pitching Staff (80's onward)..

N

nyisles16

Well since there are other "best of" threads, I would like to try to pick people's brains here for what the best staff of recent times in baseball where...

of course, the Braves would start the list -- for many years, you could count on Glavine, Smoltz, & Maddux as the "big Three".. I would then have to add the Cards staff of the mid 80's to the list - with Tudor being the ace and Worrell coming in to close the door.. While I wish I could add the Mets to the list (of the 80's), they were only dominant for a couple of years 85-88.. Saddly it could have been a great staff except for the fact that Doc found his way to the "other" white lines & ruined himself..

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
A big three in the year 2000 has to be Barry Zito, Tim Hudson and Mark Mulder they put a few good playoff runs. If they'd stayed longer together they would be a awesome staff to be wreckoned with. Another big three as to be Roger Clemens, Roy Oswalt and Andy Pettite of the Houston Astros, they brought them to the World Series last year, even though it was just only one year.

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
Vince Carter said:
A big three in the year 2000 has to be Barry Zito, Tim Hudson and Mark Mulder they put a few good playoff runs. If they'd stayed longer together they would be a awesome staff to be wreckoned with. Another big three as to be Roger Clemens, Roy Oswalt and Andy Pettite of the Houston Astros, they brought them to the World Series last year, even though it was just only one year.
I'd have to say those three were pretty frightening. How about the Diamondbacks in the playoffs when Johnson and Schilling each pitched two games? I know that may not count as a whole pitching roster, but damn. That's a lot of work on such short notice.