Best pitcher in N.L.

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Forbidden, Jul 24, 2006.

1. Forbidden

Forbidden Guest

This is tougher, as pitching is definitely not as good as it is in the A.L. Chris Carpenter is probably my vote for this, followed by Carlos Zambrano.

2. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

My vote goes to between Brandon Webb of the Diamondbacks or Tom Glavine of the Mets, but I would give it to Glavine just because on how good of a season he's having. I don't think Carpenter deserves it this year.

3. Vegito728

Vegito728 Registered Member

Well Webb has been the best picther so far. But I heard on ESPN that Webb and Carpenter are the front runners this year. But I won't choose until the season is over.

4. yeah I have to go with Brandon Webb cuz he been doing good as of lately

5. Rickster

Rickster Guest

Zambrano should win, but it'll be Glavine if we could recuperate or Carpenter simply because they're on winning teams. The Cy Young shouldn't include a team's record as part of the pitcher's performance, but unfortunately it does have an affect.

6. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I would have to disagree on you, a lot of years pitchers who where on a bad team, won the Cy Young just look at Roy Hallada in 2003, the Jays never made it to the Playoffs, and he still won, I think if you're dominant then you'll win the Cy Young for yourself.

MVP is a different story though.