Best pitcher in N.L.

F

Forbidden

This is tougher, as pitching is definitely not as good as it is in the A.L. Chris Carpenter is probably my vote for this, followed by Carlos Zambrano.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
My vote goes to between Brandon Webb of the Diamondbacks or Tom Glavine of the Mets, but I would give it to Glavine just because on how good of a season he's having. I don't think Carpenter deserves it this year.

Vegito728

Registered Member
Well Webb has been the best picther so far. But I heard on ESPN that Webb and Carpenter are the front runners this year. But I won't choose until the season is over.

R

Rickster

Zambrano should win, but it'll be Glavine if we could recuperate or Carpenter simply because they're on winning teams. The Cy Young shouldn't include a team's record as part of the pitcher's performance, but unfortunately it does have an affect.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I would have to disagree on you, a lot of years pitchers who where on a bad team, won the Cy Young just look at Roy Hallada in 2003, the Jays never made it to the Playoffs, and he still won, I think if you're dominant then you'll win the Cy Young for yourself.

MVP is a different story though.