• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Best NBA Player Without A Ring?

Who is the most deserving of a NBA Championship ring?

• Blake Griffin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chris Paul

• Deron Williams

• Derrick Rose

• Dwight Howard

• Kevin Durant

• Zach Randolph

• Total voters

dDave

V.I.P.
I thought this would make for a very interesting discussion. It takes many of the more famed and revered players out of the picture while allowing for a few other greats to sit in the spotlight.

This discussion is intended for current NBA players. (We're all in agreement that people such as Charles Barkley and Reggie Miller deserved a ring) The options on the poll are pretty much based on my opinion, vote "other" and specify if you don't think it's one of the nine that I'll have listed.

The options are as follows. (in alphabetical order)

Blake Griffin
Carmelo Anthony
Chris Paul
Deron Williams
Derrick Rose
Dwight Howard
Kevin Durant
Steve Nash
Zach Randolph

Obviously there wasn't space for people such as Amar'e Stoudemire (who has been rather quiet this season), Kevin Love, Joe Johnson, Russel Westbrook, etc.

I personally think it's Steve Nash that is the most deserving of a ring. He's put an incredible amount of work into his career and has been a major part of every team he's been on. He will most assuredly go down as one of the all time greatest point guards, but he simply doesn't have much time left to get a ring. Deron Williams is in an immeasurably close second (this one could potentially happen this year).

Derrick Rose is also far up on the list for me. His absence from this season has definitely had an impact on my opinion. (nothing against him personally though, he's a great player who's just dealing with a major injury)

Last edited:

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I went with Steve Nash as well...Paul, Rose, and Durant are probably my three favorite players in the NBA right now, but Nash's tenure and strong contribution to so many good teams makes him feel like the one that just keeps missing it. He deserves a ring. Plus he's done a lot of philanthropic work as well, apparently? Nice to see an NBA player with character if that's accurate haha, and makes him deserving as well.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I went with Steve Nash as well because of his longevity in the league.

A lot of those players are fairly young but Nash has served as a great player for a long time and I have a lot of respect for him despite the fact he's Canadian.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I don't think you can pick anyone else but Steve Nash, especially if we go with career.

Steve Nash is the only player on that list that goes in the Hall of Fame if all their careers ended today.

It's not even a debate.

dDave

V.I.P.
I don't think you can pick anyone else but Steve Nash, especially if we go with career.

Steve Nash is the only player on that list that goes in the Hall of Fame if all their careers ended today.

It's not even a debate.
That's the thing though, a lot of websites out there rank these sorts of stats and they all seem to disagree with us. So apparently they CAN make that case. :lol:

They have players such as Chris Paul, Kevin Durant, Carmelo Anthony, and Dwight Howard listed above Steve Nash.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Can you link me to those sites by chance?

I just want to see their idiotic arguments. If LeBron James never won a Championship last year, then I believe he'd be the only player you could debate over Steve Nash.

Players like Howard, Durant, Anthony, all had amazing careers, but by no means have they had better careers than Nash thus far.

dDave

V.I.P.
If Steve Nash can get healthy, I think this next season might be his last chance to get a ring. That's of course assuming that Kobe is actually healthy, we're hearing a lot of positive things about his recovery, no idea how much of it is true though.

Obviously the rest of the Lakers would need to be healthy as well, their whole 2012-2013 season was just plagued with injuries.

Zenheizer

needs practice
I think this list is more appropriate for retired players, like Barkley, Ewing, Karl Malone, Stockton, etc....

Most of these guys are still young and have chances (save Nash), it would be more interesting if this was a vote for who out of these players WON'T get a ring (like a prediction).

dDave

V.I.P.
I think this list is more appropriate for retired players, like Barkley, Ewing, Karl Malone, Stockton, etc....

Most of these guys are still young and have chances (save Nash), it would be more interesting if this was a vote for who out of these players WON'T get a ring (like a prediction).
That would make a great thread as well.

The only reason this thread is as it is is because I was talking with a friend about this. We were debating current NBA players.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Mirage NBA 7
K NBA 19
K NBA 6
S NBA 7
T NBA 12