Movies Best movie trilogy?

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
Indiana Jones for now seeing as it's becoming a quadrilogy come May.

Other than that, LotR was really good but I also loved the Terminator trilogy.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
I'm not sure why LOTR wouldn't count. I have to go with that as my favorite because I liked all three equally, whereas Godfather III sucked more ass than any movie ever relative to the caliber of talent involved. it was horrid. The first two however are in my top 10.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I have so much, I will be naming a few, not all of them will be in order, but the first one that I will post is the my all time favorite. I know some of my choices are more then three movies, but I still consider a trilogy.

Rocky: The Rocky series is just amazing, six great movies, my favorite of all of them is Rocky 4 where he challenges the Russian Ivan Drago. The trainning scene and the fight itself is amazing. I love all of them with a passion but the fourth one is the best one by far.

Here's a few others:

Lethal Weapon
Rambo
Rush Hour
Beverly Hills Cop

That's just a few for now, I am sure I'll be posting some more later on.

Last edited:

Sephy

Forum Drifter
The original Star Wars! It was an instant classic when it came out and stands out everywhere today. I mean people still quote this stuff! Loveable characters, great story, fantastic visuals (when it was new). It really is the best trilogy.

Swiftstrike

Registered Member
The original Star Wars Trilogy hands down. No other series of movies has ever captured my imagination like they have. I also give a nod to the Indiana Jones Trilogy (I am pretending that the new one isn't being made after I heard that Lucas wants to make Indy's whip CGI.)

The original Star Wars! It was an instant classic when it came out and stands out everywhere today. I mean people still quote this stuff! Loveable characters, great story, fantastic visuals (when it was new). It really is the best trilogy.
I heart you both.

Star Wars wins easily in my book. It was imaginative creative and ground breaking at the time. LOTR was good but the books were written by Tolkien years prior. Star Wars was just created by George Lucas and it's HUGE. I mean even someone who has never seen any of the Star Wars movie has probably heard the words "lightsaber" or "Jedi" or even "Darth Vader" before.

If you talk to someone who has never seen LOTR and say Aragorn most will got wtf.

Other notable trilogies:

Indiana Jones
The Bourne Series
Rush Hour
Back to the Future

Sucky Trilogies

X-men - Simply terrible ending...
Matrix - Yeah after the first one it ceased to be decent
Alien was good all the sequels were bad...
Terminator - Ehh after 2 i lost interest...
Rocky - Well...yeah
The Mighty Ducks - Well i loved the first one...

I am surprised no one has mentioned Spiderman yet but I never thought the movies were that fantastic they just were not bad.

Last edited:

red_ranger

Registered Member
I would have to say that it was the Matrix trilogy is the best...
together with the ffg:

X-Men
LOTR
Rush Hour
Bourne Identity, Supremacy and Ultimatum