Movies Best movie trilogy?

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'd rank Back to the Future pretty high on my list. I LOVE the first one and the 2nd is just about equal. The third one is the only reason it's not my favorite trilogy. It was a good movie but not as good as the first two. I like how they did the 2nd 100 years after the 1st, and the 3rd 100 years before the first. It's a very creative and awesome trilogy.

dDave

Guardian of the Light
V.I.P.
Yes Back to the future was good, the third one was interesting but it certainly should not have been a western because it didn't work out as well as they had hoped.

But the second one does not take place 100 years in the future it takes place in 2015 and 1985 and a bit of 1955 while the first one takes place in 1985 and 1955.

I remember how they had a Tannen (Biff, Biff again, and Buford) family manure accident in every movie two of which are car crashes as well

But I still like the lord of the rings more though I do like both trilogies

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
But the second one does not take place 100 years in the future it takes place in 2015 and 1985 and a bit of 1955 while the first one takes place in 1985 and 1955.
Not sure what I was thinking. Yeah it's him as an adult so it wasn't far into the future at all.

Teorropy

Well, far enough, they had kids their own age.

Here are my top ones:

1. Godfather trio - big surprise
2. Lord of the Rings
3. Stars Wars - First ones made.
4. Back to the Future Trio.

That is it.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I think that the Back to the Future movies are my favorite of any trilogy. Other than LotR, none were very consistent between all three movies.

neum985

I pwn noobs
Im gonna go with the Matrix movies. All 3 just had my full atention from the start to finish. The story line was excellent, and i mean who hasnt thought that it could be like that after watching that movie. In my opinion i think that the movies were amazing except the ending in the third could be expanded upon

Can't say trilogy without thinking the original Star Wars. Tied between that and the Lord of the Rings, for me. I've got friends who would say I'm blaspheming for choosing LotR and ones who would kill me for choosing Star Wars, but really they were both excellent.

Eilt_Druin

Registered Member
The Lord of the rings extended editions make up my favorite trilogy. If they aren't counted, then I would also pick Back to the Future. Star Wars was great, but Back to the Future made use of the concept of continuity in new and fun ways.