• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Movies Best Movie Trilogy Ever?

Which, in your opinion, is the best movie trilogy?

• Star Wars (original)

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • The Lord of the Rings

• The Godfather

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Back to the Future

• The Dark Knight

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Toy Story

• The Matrix

• Bourne

• Indiana Jones

• Other (Specify in post)

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters

dDave

V.I.P.
I made the thread about the Dark Knight Trilogy earlier today, I thought to myself Why not make a thread on trilogies in general? We can get the movie forums super active again right?

The world of Cinema has seen many successful trilogies over the years. It's a great way to tell a longer story over several films while keeping the films somewhat differentiated from one another.

Let's see what GF thinks is the greatest movie trilogy ever made.

I feel as if I've placed some pretty good options in the poll. I came up with about 20 notable trilogies and extensively reviewed the imdb scores of each film in these trilogies to get this finalized list.

*Star Wars (Original) (8.8, 8.8, 8.4)
*The Godfather (9.2, 9.1, 7.6)
*Back To The Future (8.5, 7.7, 7.3)
*The Dark Knight (8.3, 9.0, 8.6)
*the Lord of the Rings (8.8, 8.7, 8.9)
*The Bourne Trilogy (7.9, 7.7, 8.1)
*Toy Story (8.3, 8.0, 8.5)
*Indiana Jones (8.7, 7.6, 8.3)
*The Matrix (8.7, 7.1, 6.6)

Trilogies such as Terminator, Jurassic Park, Mission Impossible, Star Wars (Prequels), and Pirates of the Caribbean, though very good, did not make the cut.

I honestly have no clue which one I'm going to pick. :lol: But I have a feeling that a lot of people are going to vote for The Dark Knight as if it's a knee jerk reaction, I'd at least ask for you to consider your vote before casting, not just in the case of Batman, but for any option.

Happy voting. :)
------
I'll just vote now.

It dawned on me that I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I didn't vote for The Lord of the Rings. :lol:

Peter Jackson's absolute masterpiece, I think that it will age even better than the original Star Wars trilogy.

Last edited:

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Toy Story! Toy Story may not be the greatest film trilogy out of all of those for most people, but to me personally they effect me the most. I grew up with them, each one being so important to me at different stages. I was already in my late teens when Toy Story 3 came out yet I still loved it as much as I loved the first two as a child.

I would put Lord of the Rings second.

Konshentz

Konshentz
I've seen eleven of the fourteen trilogies listed on the poll & in the thread.

I'd rank them like this...

The Dark Knight
Bourne
Toy Story
Original Star Wars
Terminator
The Godfather
Jurassic Park
Pirates of the Caribbean
Back to the Future
Star Wars Prequels
The Matrix

The Dark Knight trilogy is easily my favorite... Bane, Joker, Two Face, Scarecrow, Bale, Nolan. It was an incredible story.

I loved the Bourne trilogy, and like The Dark Knight, I thought they got better as they went.

Toy Story is definitely the best animated trilogy, not doubt about it.

dDave

V.I.P.
I've seen eleven of the fourteen trilogies listed on the poll & in the thread.

I'd rank them like this...

The Dark Knight
Bourne
Toy Story
Original Star Wars
Terminator
The Godfather
Jurassic Park
Pirates of the Caribbean
Back to the Future
Star Wars Prequels
The Matrix

The Dark Knight trilogy is easily my favorite... Bane, Joker, Two Face, Scarecrow, Bale, Nolan. It was an incredible story.

I loved the Bourne trilogy, and like The Dark Knight, I thought they got better as they went.

Toy Story is definitely the best animated trilogy, not doubt about it.
Well of course you went with the Dark Knight! :lol: You haven't seen The Lord of the Rings?!

I'd urge you to purchase the Extended Edition Blu Rays and blow a weekend on them, you'll have to take my word for it. If you haven't seen those movies, you're missing out on something big.

Konshentz

Konshentz
They're on my list. I just never saw anything in them that interested me. I'll eventually tackle them though. Haha.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
My choice is actually the Jurassic Park trilogy. People who know me best know that I am obsessed with this movies, especially the first one. I still say it's one of the best movies ever created and was ahead of its time in the early 90's. I am biased though haha

Toy Story was awesome too though. Best animated trilogy for sure.

Out of all of the ones left I enjoy Star Wars next and to be honest I'm not sure I've seen all of the other choices. Maybe one or two movies here and there.

Bliss

Sally Twit
TDK and The Godfather are the only trilogies I enjoyed.

Many people know I am obsessed with BTTF, but it is only part I and II that I love.

TDK beats TG due to the fact I paid a lot of money to see the last 2 when they were showing in cinemas.
I can't remember how many times I saw them, but enough for my friends to call me crazy. I am even doing a talk on TDK trilogy as part of a course I am on.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Rocky for me. Most of you guys know how big of a Rocky fan I am, so it should come to any surprise anyone.

If you combine all of them together, I've probably seen them around 150 times, that's how much I love the franchise. Rocky is just an inspiration character. Man, that wasn't given much a chance and eventually becomes the champion of the world. Gets tons of money, then eventually comes back to reality after he can fight anymore. Just an amazing story and character.

Yes, some might find it cheesy, but I love it.

Rambo, Lethal Weapon, Die Hard are all honorable mentions.

Bliss

Sally Twit
Die Hard! Fuck! I forgot all about that. I loved, loved, LOVED the first 3. That was a perfect trilogy in my eyes. Hmm.. I think TDK just beats it by a small amount, but that's only because of my love for TDKR.