• Game

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Story

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • all of the above

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Re: Best boss?

It's a tough choice, but I voted for Meta-Ridley. It was great how, throughout the game, you knew you were going to end up fighting him. The hype really built itself up. Then when the time comes, you have to shoot him down out of the sky, and he destroys all of the pillars around you. Then he takes the fight down to the ground and it gets even more intense. Just great overall.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.

I agree. Meta Ridley was awesome. You're totally right, I loved how they showed him a few times during the game to let you know you'll have to fight him eventually. They did that in Metroid Fusion too, with SA-X, and in Ocarina of Time with Ganondorf.

Edit: Actually, they kinda did that with some of the other bosses, like Prime and Omega Pirate. In the pirate data scans.

Oh, that's right. I forgot about those, they hyped up those bosses pretty well too. But even so, Meta-Ridley was hyped up even more. I remember one cutscene that plays when you're about to leave Phendrana Drifts, you see Ridley's huge shadow fly across the snowy field, and the camera looks up at the sky in unison with Samus just in time to see Ridley's tail fly over the cliffside. Sweetness.

dk_rare

Registered Member

Either Magnus from Chrono Trigger, or Mesa and Mune from Chrono Trigger.

Or one of the Metal Gears, the atmosphere that Konami make when you finally fight one... spine tingling.

dk_rare

Registered Member

Oh, I didn't realise it was Metroid Prime only ^_^ I clicked it from the main page, so I thought it was just under Nintendo, I didn't see the Metroid Prime sub forum. In that case I pick that big dragon fellow

Pianobone

Registered Member

Um, I've never even heard of any of those except Metroid.

So, naturally I pick Bowser, King of the Koopas. Best boss ever. Why? You've had to defeat him countless times over the years. From jumping over his head and tearing out the bridge in the original SMB, to spinning him by the tail in Mario64, Bowser is always full of new surprises. Let's not forget his brick-pounding moves in SMB3 and the flying gyro-copter of death from Super Mario World.

Bowser is an icon and that's why I went with him. (And also, because your poll mentioned only unfamiliar bosses to me).

>>>>>>>>>>>

Heh, yeah DK Rare- I made the same mistake as you. Either way, Mario owns Metriod any day.

Haha, perhaps somebody should make a favorite boss topic for General Game Discussion. Bowser is certainly an awesome boss to fight, time and time again.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.

Well Piano, this thread is in the Metroid forum... that's why naturally all of the bosses are from Metroid Prime I think.