Best Metallica Single pt. 1

Discussion in 'Music' started by icegoat63, Jun 22, 2009.

?

Read the OP, then make your Selection:

1. Seek & Destroy

9.1%
  2. Fade To Black

45.5%
  3. For Whom The Bell Tolls

18.2%
  4. Master of Puppets

54.5%
  5. Battery

27.3%
  6. Welcome Home (Sanitarium)

18.2%
  7. One

72.7%
  8. Harvestor of Sorrow

9.1%
  9. Enter Sandman

18.2%
  10. Sad But True

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. Wherever I may Roam

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. Unforgiven

36.4%
  13. Nothing Else Matters

27.3%
  14. Dont Tread on Me

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

Part 1: 1983-1991

Metallica is one of those one of those bands that can bridge the gap of genre's easily and make even non-fans of the music enjoy their lyrical and musical talents.

In their long lustrious career they have released alot of singles... ALOT of singles, when you've been around for 20+ years the opportunity is there to have alot of quality music.

I was on iTunes today and I noticed "Enter Sandman" was the top song, and although I do agree its one of their best... I was just curious if it truly was the best. So yeah, I did a little research, got all the singles I was familiar with and some I wasnt (which was only like 2) and Im going to make a poll (well 2 polls actually). I'll make them multiple choice, but please remember... I'm curious about the top song.. SO any of you Metallica Fan boys; [highlight]Please do not vote for every damn song![/highlight] Try and actually only pick a few, I know its not gonna be all that easy, but meh, so goes life.

So yeah, lets see the results, oh and Feel free to say why you chose what you chose.

2. Xeilo

Xeilo Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

I voted for one, unforgiven and master of puppets, they have to be my favorite songs, there are heaps other that I like almost as much, but as you said don't vote for all of them lol. If I only had to vote for one it would be the song one because that is my all time favorite, I can never get sick of that song.

3. Impact

Impact Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

I voted for One. There were a couple that were close behind but on equal footing so would have meant voting for too many.

4. Hiei

Hiei The Hierophant

Master of Puppets, One, Fade to Black, Unforgiven.

That was hard, but I picked the songs that I like the most out of them all. Personally, I don't think that Enter Sandman is as great as everyone says it is. It's a great song, sure, but it's so over played that it's ruined it for me. I hear that song all the damn time.

5. wooly

wooly I am the woolrus

I said i'd limit myself to three so i picked Fade To Black, Master of Puppets and Battery.

Though if this was a choice of ANY Metallica song, and not just singles, 'Blackened' would be top choice. Definitely my favourite Metallica song.

6. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

One, simply the greatest song they've ever produced and it's so hard to listen to sometimes just because of the raw emotion in the song and the painful story it's telling. If anyone has not heard the story behind the song, I suggest you read up on it.

7. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

From this group of songs I went with; "Welcome home (Sanitarium)" ; "One" ; and "Nothing Else Matters".

I know its kinda weird when I look at those selections compared to alot of the other Metallica Catalog, I mean those are the slower paced less thrasher style. But ya know they are damn good at it and easily my favorite three from here.

8. Twitch

Twitch Registered Member

Fade to Black, One, and Enter Sandman.

The three songs I know by them.

9. greyham_G

greyham_G Registered Member

i couldnt help myself and i picked 6, fade to black, master of puppets, welcome home (sanitarium), one, unforgiven, nothing else matters.

10. ExpectantlyIronic

ExpectantlyIronic e̳̳̺͕ͬ̓̑̂ͮͦͣ͒͒h̙ͦ̔͂?̅̂ ̾͗̑

The first album I bought was And Justice for All, simply because One is such an awesome track.