Best Linebacker of all time?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
There's been so many great linebackers to play in this game, all of those great line backers were great hitters, and some of the great running backs were afraid of them. Now in my opinion their can only be one that is considered the best of all time, and in your opinion who would that be and why?​

Z

Zanthrax54

The best linebacker that I have peronally ever watched has to be Junior Seau. DO NOT THINK OF HIM NOW THOUGH.

I'm talking about when he was a Charger he single handedly led that defense EVERY PLAY, he be in on every tackle, drop into coverage like a safety and get unlikely, but timely interception's.

I personally don't even like that guy, but I have to admit he was the best linebacker I have ever watched play.

I know there are all kinds of older names out there like the original LT, a shit ton of pittsburgh steelers lb's, BUTKUS, SINGLETARY, and all of those names, but I didn't get the pleasure of watching these guys play throughout their careers. I caught a little bit of LT at the end of his career, but that's about it. So it would not be fair for me to say one of those guys just based on their name.

H

hendu

Ray Nitchske was the best ever. Just absolutely amazing from what I've heard. Too bad he was way before my time.

Lee

Registered Member
It's way too hard to say. From the guys I've watched...

Junior Seau
Brian Urlacher
Demeco Ryans
Ken Norton Jr.

L

LT1981

For me it's Lawrence Taylor, hands down. So dominant!