• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Best Line Backer in football history

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Who do you think is the best line backer in football history? I think it's though but it's between two people Lawrence Taylor and Dick Butkis, I believe those where great on what they did and they love to hit really hard.

W

wbbfan

No question, LT all the way. I don't like the way people call Ladanian tomlinson is called "lt". he's good, but not that good. Lots of tds, but under 4YPC is not up to snuff with the LT level of quality.

M

Midnight

Lawrence Taylor is undisputedly the BEST linebacker the NFL has ever had.

@Vince Carter
Dick Butkis isnt the best but he was still a very good linebacker. He didnt really have the speed that a linebacker would enjoy, but this man could hit. He leveled his opponents and that is determination and will.

S

squidyak

that really depends on what you're looking for. the best middle linebacker ever was butkis. the best outside linebacker was LT. two completely different positions, that's like throwing safety and corner in the same category.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yeah I would have to agree with you it's two different positions, but I believe the most important line backer position is the middle line backer and that's why I chose Butkis.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
StroShow Hockey 2
Jeanie Movies & TV 7
H Travel 2
Merc Music 9
Babe_Ruth NFL 5