• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Best lie(s) you told in a bar

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
I don't recall anything I might've done as I get loaded to the point I don't function properly but knowing we talk a lot about it I probably pulled off a few lies in my prime days. If we're talking about drunk stories I have at least 3 gems that are hard to top but incredibly stupid on my part as well.

Sabby

TORHABSFAN said:
Similar story to what Sabby said. My Cousins used to create fake jobs at bars. All sorts of stuff like they own a company that makes the wheels on that go on shopping carts.. real random shit.

I remember 1 night in a bar in Montreal called Katrina's or something. My dumb cousin tells a girl that he is a professional lacrosse player thinking its passable as not many people actualy know the names of lacross players. the girl then calls him on it and asks him what postion he plays. My cousin doesn't watch lacross and doesn't know the postions so he just blurts out left out. lucky for him the girl doesn't know any better and he did just fine.

Lol, when in doubt always say goaltender

TORHABSFAN

Sabby said:
TORHABSFAN said:
Similar story to what Sabby said. My Cousins used to create fake jobs at bars. All sorts of stuff like they own a company that makes the wheels on that go on shopping carts.. real random shit.

I remember 1 night in a bar in Montreal called Katrina's or something. My dumb cousin tells a girl that he is a professional lacrosse player thinking its passable as not many people actualy know the names of lacross players. the girl then calls him on it and asks him what postion he plays. My cousin doesn't watch lacross and doesn't know the postions so he just blurts out left out. lucky for him the girl doesn't know any better and he did just fine.

Lol, when in doubt always say goaltender
you would think that was the obvious choice right?

BJBirdy

Registered Member
TORHABSFAN said:

That's actually a passable lie since just about every player has a second job and they don't make a ton of money (I think the maximum NLL salary is around $30,000 right now). Come to think of it, I should tell girls I'm a lacrosse champion, since I technically did help Toronto win at a charity lacrosse tournament last summer :cool: