• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Best Job You Ever Had

Calypso

I've been lucky enough to enjoy almost all my jobs, but I have to say the one I'm doing right now is my favorite. I'm a hospice social worker. I visit patients and their families in their homes and try to help ease the stress and guide them to helpful community resources. I thought it would be depressing to work with dying patients, but it's really not. Everyone dies eventually, and I'm glad the people I work with have hospice to walk with them that last mile. I can't count the number of families who have written thanking us for our services. It feels like I'm doing the job I was always meant to do, if that makes any sense.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Well I own my own company right now which of course is nice, but my favorite "job" that I have had was my job I had most recently before going 100% self employed. I worked for a computer manufacturer that sold computers and parts online. I was one of two webmasters there and the environment really was awesome. All of the people were great and everybody got along for the most part. It was a casual yet serious environment so it was ok to have fun as long as things still got done. :)

FourBear

The best job I had wasn't really a "job", but more of a learning experience. I went to do fieldwork in Guatemala in preparation for becoming a cultural anthropologist sometime in the future (need a PhD for that!). It was one of the best experiences of my life; I met so many wonderful people and learned so much about the cultures there. I want to be able to do something for them someday, with the help of ethnographic fieldwork.

luvcamerasnic

The best job I ever had was definately teaching, which I do currently. I love interacting with students and the challenge it provides each and every day.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I find it hilarious that this thread is titled the "Best job you ever had" and if you look at the Google ads at the top it is spitting out almost exclusively for "Grief Counseling."

I guess enough people hate their jobs that there is not enough positive ads left to display. :)

nangel78

Registered Member
My current job is ok. It pays the bills and I get benefits. I have worked at far worse.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
My new job is great. I clean and work the chemicals in hot tubs at lake rental houses. I met B.J. Sams from the Baltimore Ravens today.