• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Best Instrumental Piece Ever (No Lyrics Allowed)

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
What do you consider the best single instrumental track of all time?

Rules: You can list multiple songs BUT you must specify clearly ONE song that you consider the best. The song you pick can't be a song that has lyrics. It must be strictly instrumental.

For me I'm going to with:

Star Wars Episode I: Duel of the Fates

I consider that the best instrumental song I've ever heard. John Williams would probably top my list of close 2nds as well.

6footninja

Registered Member
ahh, instrumental. Im going to stray from the common thought of orchestral pieces as instrumental.

Mine would be all of the songs by "blotted science"

my favorite, not necessarily most difficult (but very hard to play) is "REM"

Chaos

Epic Gamer
V.I.P.
Well, I'm not sure if this counts, but it's got no lyrics so I'm going for it :cool:

Ghostland - Interview With The Angel

And here's the youtube link.

Second, I would say the Lord Of The Rings theme, the LotR battle tune - hell, any and all of the music used in LotR. They're all amazing.

dDave

V.I.P.
I have to agree with duel of the fates from star wars episode I, I remember seeing that scene for the first time and thinking just how crazy it was that he was using a double bladed lightsaber, the music fit the scene perfectly.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Chariots of Fire? maybe...

I don't think the ones I like are the best. It's just that I like them more than others, lol

My avy, Canon in D.... joyful slow
For Annette and Warren (Love Affair movie, 1993).... feel good
Twin Peaks Theme ... good weird

kiwi

The Original Kiwi
Classical, I would have to say Mozart's Marriage of Figaro Overture is probably my fav.

Non classical, I love Rhapsody in Blue by George Gerswhin (sp?).

I have both pieces for the piano, and as soon as I have a piano again, I will continue my quest to learn to play them.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Check out some stuff from "Apocalyptica" They've got some wonderful no-vocal tracks on their cds. I have the album "Worlds Collide" and the tracks like Ion, Stroke, Burn, Peace, Ural, & Dreamer all surprised me big time. Stroke is probably my absolute favorite out of the bunch there.

The band consists of 3 Cello's and 1 Drummer, you'd be amazed how kick ass they really are!

mermaidboy

Registered Member
I may have posted this response in another thread but to me the best instrumental piece is the piano rendition of "La Valse d'Amélie" by Yann Tiersen.