Best Honour

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I was wondering what you guys think is the best honour for a player during the season trophy wise? I believe it has to be between the regular season MVP and the NBA Finals MVP. But I have to say that it's the NBA Final MVP that is hte best honour just because it shows that your the main man who brought the Larry O'Brien trophy to your team, you were the main man during the playoffs and NBA Finals. What do you think think and explain?

F

Forbidden

I think its NBA finals MVP because that is the most important game for everyone playing in it, and everyone wants to be able to contribute as much as possible. Obviously it's nice to be the MVP of the regular season to help your team become a strong contender in the playoffs, but when you get there there is nothing more important then winning it all.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I totaly agree with you. MVP during the season is a great honour but if you don't bring your team to victory and win that elusive championship it doesn't really mean as much. Winnig the finals MVP means that you led your team to that trophy you had your eye on at the beginning of the season, so it means so much more because you got what you were aiming for plus that MVP playoffs trophy.

M

Midnight

MVP of the finals. It means you came through when the games mattered the most. MVP of the season just means you were there for your team during the season.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
But you also got to look at it this way aswell. MVP during the season got you too the playoffs which might of led to that playoffs MVP so that regular season MVP does mean something because you gotta make it to the playoffs to get that other MVP. So that MVP does mean something but that's not the question. Just wanted to add that little clipnote lol.

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
I think MVP during the season is more gratifying to get because you have to play well through the entire season rather than a few games. Anybody in the NBA is capable of getting on a hot streak for 3 or 4 games. MVP for the season also includes a wider range of candidates while finals MVP only comes from 2 teams.

F

Forbidden

Yeah I can see how both are important, the way I see it is that you go through the season playing as hard as you can to get to the Finals, and that's when you need to perform your best to win it all.

G

Godfather

oxyMORON said:
I think MVP during the season is more gratifying to get because you have to play well through the entire season rather than a few games. Anybody in the NBA is capable of getting on a hot streak for 3 or 4 games. MVP for the season also includes a wider range of candidates while finals MVP only comes from 2 teams.
what dude said...

S

scottmcgrady

MVP Finals means that you are the best player, or key player on your team in the Finals which is a huge honour. MVP in the regular season is because you helped you team get to the stage they are at. I can't really decide because they are both huge honours but the difference is you did it for 82 games to make your team better or get them further or you were the reason your team won in 4-7 games in the Finals. I'm sure the finals MVP feels better but in the long run, regular season is harder to do for a whole 82 games. I would like to receive either and still be so happy but i don't know which one would be more of a honour. Good question Vince!