best hip-hop group ever?

Veloci-T

Registered Member
whose the best hipp-hop group ever?

i say NWA, they have 3 legendary rappers, and theyre a legendary group altogethr

I was just listening to some of their music today actually.

I also put in a vote for Run-DMC. Anyone care about them? What about Wu-Tang Clan? Very awesome groups there.

S

shawnesty23

this is very tough. to me it is either n.w.a. or wu tang. ill say n.w.a. since they really helped pioneer the west coast and gangsta rap in general

A

Ant On A Log

Wu Tang is cool and all, but the East Coast sound was already there. They just did it really really well. NWA, now, those are true pioneers. That's why I would vote them over most.

N

NY Jay

I would say N.W.A. They seem to have been the most influential on some of today's modern rappers (The Game).

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
There's a lot of great Hip Hop groups to ever sing. Like you guys mentioned N.W.A, Wu Tang Clan, Run DMC but I am really surprised to one mentioned Public Enemy. They changed a lot in the music industry.

E

eric

I am not really a fan but I would give the nod to Run DMC just because they were ableto cross over and bring new fans to hip hop much like Hammer did.

E

eric

Ant On A Log said:
Hammer as in...MC Hammer? You can't really consider him hip hop.
Probably not, but like I said he brought a lot of people over from Rock and R&B to Rap/Hip Hop, in the very beginning.