Best Headphones for Running?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Mirage, Jul 27, 2009.

1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

As I said in another thread, I hate the iPod earbud headphones for running because they are always falling out of my ears. I've been running a lot lately and I am getting sick of having to put the iPod earbuds in over and over again while running.

Does anybody here use headphones for running, and if so, are you happy with them? What kind do you use?

I don't feel like spending too much. I was thinking of getting something like these:

[​IMG]

Amazon.com: Sony MDR-J10 h.Ear Headphones with Non-Slip Design (Blue): Electronics

Or:

[​IMG]

Amazon.com: Sony Mdr-As20J Active Style Headphones with Soft Loop Hangers (Black): Electronics

Last edited: Jul 27, 2009

2. Blueyes

Blueyes Registered Member

Even headphones like that don't stay in my ears when running. I can't wear the earbuds because they never stay even if I'm just sitting there and if I push them all the way in to make them stay I feel my head is going to explode with my eyes pushing out of the sockets.

I have been using the Sony Ericsson w710i headset in the motorola bluetooth stereo handset to attach to my clothes.

[​IMG]

Now if I could get something like these without earbuds I might give it a whirl

[​IMG]

Nixola likes this.
  3. Chaos

Chaos Epic Gamer V.I.P. Lifetime

This is a problem I have when running. I much prefer the earbud's for listening to music because of the quality and everything but they suck when doing any kind of repetitive motion, running or cycling or anything like that.

I would think something with a head band or ear loop would do the trick but I've never seen anything that doesn't look it's come right out of a bad 70's sci-fi movie. :rolleyes: It's pretty stupid that I've never seen anything nice and simple that would do the job, there must be some kind of market niche for this if it's such a problem. :-/

4. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

5. Blueyes

Blueyes Registered Member

oh and another issue i have is sweat in my ears since im prone to getting ear infections and that also hinders anything from staying in them.

I actually have this bluetooth stereo set and the charge will last for 3 hours so that is 2 days at the gym for me if I'm just upstairs doing cardio. So I use the earset from the phone with this and it works great. No issues except I have to keep shoving it back in my ears once I take the sweat away. I despise being wired up to the device because I have seen WAY to many ipods get sucked into the treadmills and this just attaches to my clothes. Recharging is pretty fricken fast. The thing will tell you when it is about to die and even when it is dead I still forget to charge it so as I pack my bag for the gym I'll plug it in and in the 5-10 minutes it will almost fully charge. They charge just like a phone does.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Xeilo

Xeilo Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

If I did go running a lot I would by wireless headphones but because I don't I just stick with the stock Ipod ones lol.

7. browneyes106

browneyes106 Registered Member

I bought these on Friday and used them for running on Sunday and they were pretty comfortable and great for running.
    [​IMG]

Sennheiser PMX70

8. Ylem

Ylem Registered Member

i enjoy the sennheiser cx 380 for jogging

[​IMG]
    They stay in really well and theres also the mx 85 that clips in kinda stays in really really well
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2009
  9. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

I just stick to my $10 Sony buds. I absolutely hate the around-the-ear headphones.

10. Vallentina

Vallentina Registered Member

Seems I can't find any that stay in my ears either. :( The ones that came with my iPod are horrible.