Best Guitarist

Discussion in 'Music' started by Babe_Ruth, Dec 13, 2008.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

A few months ago we had a thread called Best Guitarist of all time according to GF, it never got finished. So I've decided to create a new thread asking who you guys believe is the best guitarist of all time?

Mine is Angus Young, he's simply amazing on the guitar, his solos for ACDC are outstanding.

Here's a few others that I enjoy:

-Jimmy Page
    -Steve Stevens
    -Slash

2. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

3. 611Jen

611Jen Registered Member

Santana I melt when he plays without a doubt he is the best in my book

4. MAgnum9987

MAgnum9987 Do What Thou Wilt

Stevie Ray Vaughan. Or Eddie Van Halen. One of them. I can't pick which. They should build this thing that measures how many notes a guitarists can strike within a certain timeframe

5. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

Angus Young is definately a contender for me. Hendrix and Page, too.

6. PretzelCorps

PretzelCorps Registered Member

7. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

You guys mentioned some good guitarist, it's very hard to argue against some of the guitarist you guys mentioned, especially Stevie Ray Vaughn and Eddie Van Halen and Hendrix, those three are simply amazing on the guitar.

8. Ryuk

Ryuk Registered Member

You know it's still admittedly close, but I still have to go with Slash.

9. Joshy

Joshy Registered Member

Hendrix, Clapton, BB King etc. All the blues bands that put a lot of emotion into their music and make it sound awesome at the same time! :)

10. PentaCube

PentaCube Registered Member

I don't find the super fast soloists very interesting to be honest. I like guitarists who know how to melt their riffs into the song in a way that supports the other members of the band. My favorite guitarist at the moment is mark tremonti for that very reason. Once Stapp left creed (thank god) and the good members of the band made alter bridge he started sounding better IMO.

YouTube - Alter Bridge - Metalingus