Best Guitarist

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
A few months ago we had a thread called Best Guitarist of all time according to GF, it never got finished. So I've decided to create a new thread asking who you guys believe is the best guitarist of all time?

Mine is Angus Young, he's simply amazing on the guitar, his solos for ACDC are outstanding.

Here's a few others that I enjoy:

-Jimmy Page
-Steve Stevens
-Slash

MAgnum9987

Do What Thou Wilt
Stevie Ray Vaughan. Or Eddie Van Halen. One of them. I can't pick which. They should build this thing that measures how many notes a guitarists can strike within a certain timeframe

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
You guys mentioned some good guitarist, it's very hard to argue against some of the guitarist you guys mentioned, especially Stevie Ray Vaughn and Eddie Van Halen and Hendrix, those three are simply amazing on the guitar.

Joshy

Registered Member
Hendrix, Clapton, BB King etc. All the blues bands that put a lot of emotion into their music and make it sound awesome at the same time! :)

PentaCube

Registered Member
I don't find the super fast soloists very interesting to be honest. I like guitarists who know how to melt their riffs into the song in a way that supports the other members of the band. My favorite guitarist at the moment is mark tremonti for that very reason. Once Stapp left creed (thank god) and the good members of the band made alter bridge he started sounding better IMO.

YouTube - Alter Bridge - Metalingus