• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Best Guitarist?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Who do you think is the best guitarist in the world? I think it's between these three people. There's Slash for Guns and Roses, there's Jimmy Hendrix, and Carlos Santana. But my answer is leaning more on Jimmy Hendrix, because he did some amazing things on is guitar.

B

Bio248

if you look up a band called Children of Bodom, their guitarist is amazing. whether or not it may be within your listening range, the guitarist is still one of the best ive ever heard just of the pure fact that the man is fast at what he does. check it out. :D

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'll check it out for sure, but after I do, I don't think it will change my mind of who's the best guitarist, I am not saying this guy won't be good, it's just that these three on my list are just simply amazing. But don't get me wrong I am not saying there's no one better then these three.

K

kajin_phoenixlord

I think the chicks name was Wendy I think. She was with Prince & The Revolution. She was pretty bad ass with the guitar. She didn't join the group until before Purple Rain came out.

P

pasteycracker

Bio248 said:
if you look up a band called Children of Bodom, their guitarist is amazing. whether or not it may be within your listening range, the guitarist is still one of the best ive ever heard just of the pure fact that the man is fast at what he does. check it out. :D
Alexi Laiho. That guy is pretty good. Definitely shines on Follow The Reaper. It's hard to say who is the absolute best just because everyone has different styles and such. Good call though, the guy is really good.

B

barfootboards

Definitely going with slash from G N' R!! God hes so insane, Sweet Child of mine is awesome

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I am glad at least one person agrees that Slash is amazing on the guitar the things he did with a guitar and still does are just simply amazing and incredible.

K

kajin_phoenixlord

Slash was always bad ass on the guitar and still is. I'm kidna suprised that no one has mentioned Prince on the guitar. He's made some pretty amazing rifs himself. Also, Flea from Red Hot Chili Peppers is also pretty tight.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yeah Prince can do some crazy stuff on the guitar, he's really good especially in Purple Rain when he's doing is guitar solo it's amazing.

B

barfootboards

No one mentioned him cuz Slash destroys him!!!!!! lol haha

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Babe_Ruth Music 6
Impact Music 22
Babe_Ruth Music 14
Doc Music 11
Doc Music 17