• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Music Best guitarist

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
In your opinion, if you had to pick the best guitarist of all-time who would it be?

Probably the best guitarist I've seen live was Steve Stevens, he just mastered his craft.

But, I think the best guitarist of all-time is Slash. I know some may say that he's nothing compared to the likes of Hendrix and Page, but I just believe that he belongs on the top of all guitarist.

Sabby

Fred Penner. Man the things he could play. HM to Bram from Sharon, Lois and Bram.

In all seriousness. My faves are VanHalen, Santana, Steve Stevens, Eric Clapton and Slash. Any one of those 5 could be considered as best of all time

willge87

Registered Member
David Gilmour guitar work on some of the songs from The Wall is great (Comfortably Numb, Another Brick in the Wall Part II)

Alex Lifeson is under appreciated I think because of the stature his band mates have in their instrumental circles.

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
Eddie Van Halen is my pick. Eddie plays guitar like the Beatles are on steroids. He played the most craziest yet beautiful solos I ever heard! A very close second is Slash. His solo in November Rain is crazzyyyy.

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
Jimi Hendrix, hands down. No one else comes close. He made the electric guitar sound beautiful. A close second for me would be Johnny Ramone of The Ramones.

Honorable mentions - Eric Clapton, Chuck Berry, Carlos Santana and George Harrison.

SoberJaysFan

I have to pick Jimi Hendrix as the best guitarist of all time. Just have to.
John Frusciante is my favourite though. And Flea is my favourite bass player.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Impact Music 22
Babe_Ruth Music 14
Doc Music 11
Doc Music 17
Doc Music 14