• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Best goalies in the Olympics?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Out of all the countries, which country would you say have the three best net minders as a whole and why?

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Tough call. I think Canada and the USA have great goaltending but I'll add a wild card...

Finland.

Raask and Niemi are proven goaltenders and Kari Lehtonen has his moments as well.

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
It's crazy the amount of quality goaltenders there is for every country. But I'm going to be bias and say Canada with my boy Price and Luongo right behind him. Watching him every day is quite the treat and I can only imagine how he'll do when a defence is there to help him out. As an unbias fan, you can't go wrong with team Finland. When Rinne doesn't make the team you know you're stack when it comes to goaltending. As a team that plays in Canada's division, team Finland scares me.

Konshentz

Konshentz
It's a toss-up between USA & Canada. I agree with Millz, Finland should definitely be in the discussion too.

Crypticshock

Registered Member
USA, Finland and Canada.

Put each name in a hat. Pull one out. You will be correct. I think the USA has a more solid three... not so hot on Smith and Lethonen.

Miller, Quick and Howard is a nasty combination.

You're probably not going to see the third unless there are injuries and each country's top two even out.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I do wonder if they'll keep Howard on the roster. He got hurt, again, last night on the same knee.

I just really want St Louisian Ben Bishop to go but like you said it won't matter...its Miller or Quick.

TORHABSFAN

I believe in Carey Price! And with Canada's D infront of him rather then guys like Murray, Diaz and Boullion the sky is the limit.

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
The Millz said:
I do wonder if they'll keep Howard on the roster. He got hurt, again, last night on the same knee.

I just really want St Louisian Ben Bishop to go but like you said it won't matter...its Miller or Quick.
The only valid reason as to why I believe he wasn't picked was due to lack of NHL/Playoff experience. He's leading the league in almost every goalie statistics, and leading a team along with St. Louis to a second place in their division without out their best player Stamkos. While Howard as been semi-struggling since last season.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Dickey's Flow said:
The Millz said:

The only valid reason as to why I believe he wasn't picked was due to lack of NHL/Playoff experience. He's leading the league in almost every goalie statistics, and leading a team along with St. Louis to a second place in their division without out their best player Stamkos. While Howard as been semi-struggling since last season.
Yeah I'm sure you're right. I am obviously biased (and wish we didn't trade him now haha) but I understand its not all about what kinda season you're having at the moment. So its ok.