• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Best games ever!!!!!

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Hey, JJ, I know this is a little off topic, but what did you think of StarCraft? It's a game I've been eying for some time, but never actually sat down to play. We seem to have very similar tastes and I'd like to know a real opinion.

JjCrazyboy

Registered Member
well it is a great real time strategy game. It was the first one I played so it has a special place in my heart. It is a little old though, there are a ton of options now with real time strategy. I have not had the time to play very many anymore but starcraft is a solid purchase and will only cost you 20 bucks if you can still find it.

Teorropy

Let's see...

Halo
Halo 2
StarCraft
FF 7
PD
GoldenEye
Double Dash
Classic Zelda
All the Zeldas
Burnout 3
Fable Lost Chapters
Battlefield 2
Battlefield 2142
Team Fortress
Counter Strike
Day of Defeat

I think that is it.:confused:

dDave

V.I.P.
I don't like any of the games that this thread started with.
here are my favorite games of all time

1. Super Mario 64 (N64)
2. Donkey Kong 64 (N64)
3. Sonic The Hedgehog (SEGA GENESIS)
4. Total Annihilation (PC)
5. Perfect Dark (N64)
6. Zelda Ocarina Of Time (N64)

I remember back when I was like 9 or 10, I beat all of Sonic The Hedgehog in one sitting.

Mario 64 is just a fun game

I beat Donkey Kong 64 in 14 hours (really good time) getting all of the bananas that you can use in the troff and scoff (Hippo Feeder) all 3500 and all of the Golden Bananas.

Total Annihilation is pretty much a futuristic Age of Empires kind of game with fully infinite resources that never run out, I played this game for a long time and it still remains within my top 6. The Campaigns in this game were extremely challenging on easy and nearly impossible on hard. The enemies start with so many things that they attack you with that you cannot do anything because they continuously destroy your base and immobilize you until you rebuild your base.

I liked Perfect Dark because there was nothing like it, it created a challenge and at the same time it had a really good plot. I personally think that it could have been made into one of the first good movies based off of a game. I almost beat Perfect Agent but some of the levels are still too hard for me. This game topped James Bond 007 Goldeneye in all ways, The Plot was better, the graphics were better, multiplayer was better, the enemies were smarter, and there was co-operative mode. But none of us can forget that Goldeneye 007 had one of the hardest levels of all time, I am sure that some of you are familiar with Control, the level that you have to defend Natalya for like 7 minutes without either of you dying.

Zelda ocarina of time was by far the best Zelda game that ever incorporated 3-D graphics, I am not sure that I like it more than the original Zelda
The plot was layed out very well, all of the dungeons were fun and created a challenge, you go to a variety of worlds, there are so many side quests that I have only done the game fully once. The dungeons are amazing in this game, they are huge 3-D puzzles that incorporate fighting and moving up and down floors.

Last edited:

FaKeD

Registered Member
Here are my top 5 games! =)

1. Super Mario 64 (N64)
2. Banjo Kazzoie (is it spelt right?) (N64)
3. Sonic The Hedgehog (SEGA GENESIS)
4. Super Smash Bro. Melee (N64 i think.. =/)
5. Worms 3D (PS2)

Super Mario 64 i still haven't been able to finish.. =/ yes i know that you all think that it is a really easy game but I'm having trouble getting it 100%! =/

Banjoo Kazzoie is a really good game! i love it! xD especially when the bear jumps and the bird makes this horrible noise that i really like... XD you must think i'm crazy!

Sonic speaks for itself.... I don't think that there are a lot of people who passed the first game and say that they didn't like it!

Super Smash Bro. is again a wonderful game! =D i love it! it's a fighting game with cute little game characters... who doesn't like that? XD

And last but not least Worms! This game is so simple yet brilliant! Who would have thought of making tiny worms into killing machines??? XD its fucking brilliant!! XD

dDave

V.I.P.
I forgot about Pitfall The Mayan Adventure, this came out for Genesis, PC, and GBA, I liked the PC version because it had a great soundtrack and the game required a lot of skill to beat on hard, unfortunatelyit doesn't play the sound correctly on Windows Vista ,XP, M.E., or 2000. In order to play it with full sounds you need windows 98 or lower.
Overall though the game was great.

For those of you who have played it you know just how hard the last level (Warrior Spirit) is on the PC edition.

Altanzitarron

Tamer Of The LOLzilla
Hmm I really like the metal gear series on ps1 / ps2, some other playstation favourites are Guitar hero, Zone of the Enders 2 and Shadow of the colossus. If I revert to my childhood it has to be Yoshi's Island all the way!!!!

Kamikaze

Registered Member
Halo In General
Half Life 2 ( better than the first, EP1 was terrible, playing through EP2 now)
Hitman
Fable
GTA