• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Best Game Music

Malificus

Likes snow
Which game do you think has the best music?

I'd have to say my favorite is Fable's music. The ochorchestra works perfectly to bring out the feel of the game.

My other favorites are the Legend of Zelda and Mario games.

K

kajin_phoenixlord

Re: Best Music

My favorite soundtracks had to be from Jet Grind Radio. That game was really fun and the music just added to it.

Malificus

Likes snow

I can't believe I forgot about the Jet Set Games. I also left out Guilty Gear by accident. They have great music that really sets the mood of the games.

B

Blitz

I like Shin Megame Tensei: Nocturne's soundtrack. Kind of a mix between techno and rock.

I also like Metal Gear Solid (all of them) soundtracks. They are awesome.

Swiftstrike

Registered Member

Halo 2's Soundtrack by far my favorite.

Black also had a good one and so did Lord of the Rings games (but they were from the movies)

moose

O N03Z!!! 4 /V0Z!!!

id have to say tony hawk 4. they have all around usic. i like shimmy from systym of a down

K

kajin_phoenixlord

I'm gonna take it back in time for this post, but Streets of Rage 2 and Sonic games had some very good music.

D

Destined Sayuri

hmmm... love the music from the Final Fantasy series. Especially 7-10 ^_^ Nobuo Uematsu creates some great stuff.

Ã

Æshættr

Definitely JSRF and Jet Grind Radio. Both halo games have good soundtracks, and the USA side for C&C Generals has some good stuff. Morrowind had to have some of the most repetitive music I've ever heard. I actually got so bored with it that I replaced the in-game soundtrack to some anime music.

Malificus

Likes snow

Æshættr said:
Morrowind had to have some of the most repetitive music I've ever heard. I actually got so bored with it that I replaced the in-game soundtrack to some anime music.
The game's over 100 hours long if you want to do everything, I don't see how the music couldn't get repetative. I still like it though, it's just not on my favorites list.