• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Game Cube Best game ever?

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Yeah, I forgot about the Caretaker Drone. That was a cool fight for sure. I guess the Echoes bosses were good, most of them were creative and original. I think I just didn't have as much fun with them because I didn't like the game as much as Prime. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the game a lot, but I think I expected too much from it. I kept waiting for something to blow me away and it never happened.

fuzzykitten3769

Registered Member
Thats the one thing if you go thru the game and win a certain percentage and have the fusion cart +gba hookups you can actually play the orignal metriod on the metriod prime disk. I really love this game the only think I really don't like is the fact that some times you have to go back thru the same areas over and over again.

SamusAran86

Registered Member
fuzzykitten3769 said:
I really love this game the only thing I really don't like is the fact that some times you have to go back thru the same areas over and over again.
Thats been a staple of the Metroid series since the Orinigal Metroid on the NES.

There are areas you cannot acess without gaining a certain ability from a boss or upgrade you will find later in the game. The whole essence of a Metroid game is the exploration, not fighting enemies all the time! Its about finding the 'objects' that will help you defeat the next area. That in my opinion is what makes a Metriod game!

That is one thing I've grown to love about Metroid. I'm not too familiar with the old games, as Prime was my first Metroid game, but I loved backtracking with new abilites to search for new items. It's a very satisfying feeling when you find one.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Prime was my first Metroid game, too, and I really hated the backtracking at first. I got to the space jump boots and gave up on the game cause of the backtracking and didn't play it for about 8 months. I'm glad I gave it another chance.

dk_rare

Registered Member
Best game ever?

It certainly is one of the most accomplished games I’ve ever come accross

Absolute

Registered Member
Yeah, it's high up there on my list for sure.. the GC needed it. Something about the game brought back that fun feeling games used to give me when I was really young... most games can't do that anymore.