Best Free Agent Team Moves

andrew_bishop

#1 Spammer of FC
Who do you think did the best during the off season as far as signing players goes?

Personally I think the choice is kind of obv for me and its the Rangers. Right now with the team they have they are going to be a potient team and one that will be very hard to beat night after night and in the division they are in they need some of the guys they have. Right now their talent and experience levels are way up and its hard to say that they won't be an even better team this year then they were last year.

What do you think?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I also believe that Rangers made the best moves this off season, but I believe they did over pay for these players, but both of them will make the Rangers a better team, and if Jagr plays like Jagr can play then I believe the Rangers have a chance to make a lot of noise next year, the only problem is that they don't have a shut down defenseman.

andrew_bishop

#1 Spammer of FC
Well they might have over paid to a certain level but anytime you have Gomez , Drury , Jagr , Straka , Lundquvist and a developing Chereapanov coming up through the ranks it don't matter because your team is going to be among the leagues best anyway.

F

Forbidden v2

The Rangers and Flyers are both signing good players, but I agree that overall the Rangers take it with the signing of Drury, re-signing of Shanahan, and others. Their division will be tough this coming year.

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
Even though the Rangers picked up Chris Drury and Scott Gomez without them there were still a good ball club. The flyers improved dramactly from last year by picking up Daniel Briere, Joffrey Lupul and Jason Smith. There definitly not going to be bottowm dwellers in the Eastern Conference next year. That's why the Flyers made the best Free Agent moves this season. They improved their team in so many ways with all those pick ups.

andrew_bishop

#1 Spammer of FC
Don't forget Timmonen and Hartnell as well there for the Flyers. But really Jason Smith is the better of him and Lupul. Lupul has not played like they had hoped he would when he came into the NHL.

Turbo

Registered Member
The Rangers by far made the best move, especially with rumors flying that Jagr is retiring at the end of his contract. But they are now stuck in arbitration with Avery because of the high cost of Gomez and Drury. If they do with Avery like they did with Lundqvist; give him a "starting" deal and renogotiate after January 1st on a better deal as it'll be a new cap restriction for the new year.

andrew_bishop

#1 Spammer of FC
Avery shouldn't be that diffucult to get back at this point. Not like his numbers are gonna be sky high and if we remember sometimes they can go low with these awardings especially right now because not many teams like the Rangers can afford much right now.