Best Five tool player?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Who do you think is the best five tool player in this league and why? I am sure a lot of people will pick Tim Duncan which could be an excellent choice, but I have to go with Andrei Kireilenko. He might be injury proned but he's the best five tool player in this league. He can score, rebound, block, pass, and steal the ball at a high level every time. Tim Duncan doesn't do a lot of things wrong, but I still beleive when AK47 is healthy he's the best fundemental player.

J

joee.

there is not alot of a best 5 tool players but i would go wit ak47 to.
also kidd in pretty good....except sht blocking...LLol

C

Cavspurs923

AK47 is the best choice , Year in and year out he is DPOY worthy and he can score and finally the Jazz are helping him , second would be LeBron

J

joee.

o i never thought about lbj.
i guess he can be in there to.
with his athleticism he can block shots and grabd boards.
i think he makes other players better to.

T

TheSportsGuy

Call me biased or not, I'll take Tim Duncan in this one, regardless. I'll take his 21-10-3 any day over Kirilenko's 9-6-4. Simply put you can say since Tim Duncan's the sole leader of his team, that he should be putting up numbers; but you can't really say that he has a better team, though, it's debatable since how well the Jazz have performed this year. Still yet, he makes his team mates better around him. You can put up the same argument for Kirilenko but he's 6th on his team in PPG, .6 less than Derek Fisher since guys like Carlos Boozer, Deron Williams (OUTSTANDING), Matt Harpring, and Mehmet Okur are scoring more points than him a game. But for me, I'll still take the Big Fundamental, Tim Duncan.

Any other players I'd take? Jason Kidd, and for the future I'll take Chris Paul. He's getting better and better every game, and shows why he was the 2005-2006 T-Mobile Rookie of the Year. He has the speed and quickness and is great making his way into the post. Now if he can use that speed and become a better defender, and eventually become a better shooter, then we'll see how who Chris Paul truly is.

C

Celtic Fan

There's this guy, you may have heard of him..

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3007

ummm yeah, better passer, more steals, can shoot the 3 and better FT shooter than Duncan.
Duncan blocks more and both rebound/score around the same.
close call, but gimme daKid
AK-47 has the more obscene game stat lines, but for consistency and better numbers in the categories that count, gimme Dunc and KG
LeBron will be really sick in 3-5 years

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Kevin Garnett is up there's no doubt about it. He's another who can score, pass, rebound, block shots with ease but for steals he's not as good as Andrei Kirilenko. We all know that AK47's stats are not as good as Kevin Garnett or Tim Duncan, but I am not really talking about consistency here, I am talking about the best five tool player that break ouy anytime, and that guy as to be Andre Kirilenko. But if I would go with consistency then I would pick Time Duncan or Kevin Garnett. Your right, in 5 years will be talking about LeBron James being the best no doubt about it.

Fresh

Aw, Here It Goes!
Let not forget Ron Artest, he can score, pass, rebound, steal, block just like the guys you have mentioned but is much quick than they, even though he might be unstable he's is still a very versatile player..

C

Celtic Fan

well the most steal Kirlenko has had this year is 3.
The most blocks he's had is 6

for KG he's had 5 steals once and 2 four steal games.
he's also blocked 5 shots once and 3 shots a handful of times.

career stats. KG 1.4 spg, AK-47 1.5
AK is actually about 1 bpg better for his career than KG though

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Like I said in my opening statement Andrei Kireilenko is a really injury proned player throughout is career, and he as miss significant time this season aswell, especially compared to Kevin Garnett. So the opportunities for Kevin Garnett to have more in the following categories you just named will be there compared to AK47. Kevin Garnett is top 3 player in the NBA and I don't think Andrei is even a top 10 player, but the player who as the most tools in is game as to be AK47. If he could stay healthy he'd be a very dangerous player.