• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Movies Best Films Based on Books

Konshentz

Konshentz
I recently watched Mystic River and got to thinking about this topic.

What movie based on a book would you consider the best?

I'll have to give it a little more though but Mystic River is definitely in the top 3.

dDave

V.I.P.
Mystic River, that's a movie I've not seen in a long time. It was so incredible though.

How related on a book are we talking here?

I could answer Lord of the Rings quite easily and without question but that's also not 100% accurate to the book. There are certain things about the story (including major events) that were changed to adapt the story to the big screen.

Konshentz

Konshentz
As close to the book as it can get. If it cuts a few things, that's fine, that's a necessity to get something from 350+ pages down to a couple of hours. But if they are changing major events or characters, then I probably wouldn't count it. Then again, that's just my take on it. Haha.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
AmericanMusic Movies & TV 1
sunrise Movies & TV 12
sunrise Movies & TV 4
sunrise Movies & TV 10
sunrise Movies & TV 7