• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Best fighter

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Now we all know who this thread is for(well I for sure know who it is for)

So in your opinion who is the best fighter in the NHL today?

Second who is the best NHL fighter of all time?

For me the best fighter today is George Laraque with Derek Boogaard coming in at a close second. Laraque doesn't fight a lot anymore but one of the reasons why I believe he doesn't is because everyone is afraid of him. I think he can beat anyone of the enforcers in today's game.

There's been a lot of great fighters in the NHL over it's history but in my opinion Bob Probert is the best all time. The man was just nuts and he could take a punch, and he could deliver them as well. It was also those eyes after a match and the way he was steaming. I personally believe there's no one better then he was.

Thoughts?

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
sorry it took so long to respond. And yes... I believe I may be the biggest fight nut here! hahaha

Current Greatest NHL Active Fighter

For me this is gonna be between Big George Laraque and Colton Orr.

Laraque in 07-08

13 fights total
Key Wins: Easy wins over McGrattan, Godard, Cote and Barch
Key Losses: None (but see below)
Key Controversy: Was picking #1 contender Donald Brashear apart before getting floored with a wild last punch.

Orr in 07-08

18 fights total
Key Wins: George Parros, Andre Peters, Riley Cote x2 in great fights, beat down of Wade Brookbank
Key Losses: Beat up by Donald Brashear again

Orr still has to beat one of the top two, Boogaard had an off year which was injury plagued and D.J. King is consistently very good but not explosively great yet. That leaves the same two familiar targets. Laraque and Brashear both basically walked over the competition so it comes down to their fight. Last punch aside I still see Laraque as the more impressive fighter so I'm going to give him the slightest of nods.

Hmmm as far as Greatest all time fighter, TO me its a toss up between Stu Grimson and Bob Probert.

padd

Registered Member
Best Fighter of all time = Tony Twist.. he fought Laraque once, at the end of his own career.. and still managed to tear him apart.

canadian24

Registered Member
Best fighter in the NHL today is probably Colton Orr. I think he can take down anybody on their best night really. Him and Chara because well lets face it Chara is huge and it'd take a nice jump punch to hit him in the face really.

Best fighter ever , Hands down was Bob Probert. The man fought anybody that looked at him the wrong way and usually had a good decision in the end. He was tough as nails and his over 3000 penalty minutes shows that.

juha82

Registered Member
Laraque was a champion last year
Brashear was nro2
Orr nro3

But Orr did better his job than these two older fighter being very active.
He's also a good player in my book, but seems like Rangers don't uses him enough much.

Laraque never hit?
He's a good corner-player who uses perfectly his great strenght for his advantage.
Brashear is a solid hitter and strong guy also.

Probert was the best all the time.

BStreetBullies

Registered Member
sorry it took so long to respond. And yes... I believe I may be the biggest fight nut here! hahaha

Current Greatest NHL Active Fighter

For me this is gonna be between Big George Laraque and Colton Orr.

Laraque in 07-08

13 fights total
Key Wins: Easy wins over McGrattan, Godard, Cote and Barch
Key Losses: None (but see below)
Key Controversy: Was picking #1 contender Donald Brashear apart before getting floored with a wild last punch.

Orr in 07-08

18 fights total
Key Wins: George Parros, Andre Peters, Riley Cote x2 in great fights, beat down of Wade Brookbank
Key Losses: Beat up by Donald Brashear again

Orr still has to beat one of the top two, Boogaard had an off year which was injury plagued and D.J. King is consistently very good but not explosively great yet. That leaves the same two familiar targets. Laraque and Brashear both basically walked over the competition so it comes down to their fight. Last punch aside I still see Laraque as the more impressive fighter so I'm going to give him the slightest of nods.

Hmmm as far as Greatest all time fighter, TO me its a toss up between Stu Grimson and Bob Probert.
Alright Goat, you got me here, so now I'm gonna have to argue with your Colton Orr point. Sure, colton had a great year over in New York. He fought some top HWs and did alright. But he continues to get owned by Donald Brashear, he never really has stood a chance against Georges Laraque, and he was edged out in a great bout with Brian McGrattan. sure he is one of the premiere fighters, but IMO, if he were out in the West, he'd be getting owned by Derek Boogaard and D.J. King. IMO, if he is going to be atop the league then he has to at least beat his nemesis in Donald Brashear, and he has to face Boogey and King out in the West. Orr had a great season last year, but I doubt he can stay that dominant in years to come. But look out for Cote ;)

Best Fighter of all time = Tony Twist.. he fought Laraque once, at the end of his own career.. and still managed to tear him apart.
Granted Twist was beast with the gloves on the ice, he was never the msot dominant fighter in the world. He was very very inconsitent, all you have to do is check out his fight with Francis Leroux where he was bloodgened. And to site his fight with BGL is a little unfair, BGL was a young fighter who has yet to find his style, and it's not like Twist was standing on prosthetic legs or anything, he was 30 years old, sure it was the end of his career, but his career ended early because of a motorcycle accident.

IMO, Twist was a great great fighter, and very very fun to watch, but he was never as dominant as Bob Probert once was, and he also never achieved the dominance that BGL has today in the world of fighting.

padd

Registered Member
Granted Twist was beast with the gloves on the ice, he was never the msot dominant fighter in the world. He was very very inconsitent, all you have to do is check out his fight with Francis Leroux where he was bloodgened. And to site his fight with BGL is a little unfair, BGL was a young fighter who has yet to find his style, and it's not like Twist was standing on prosthetic legs or anything, he was 30 years old, sure it was the end of his career, but his career ended early because of a motorcycle accident.

IMO, Twist was a great great fighter, and very very fun to watch, but he was never as dominant as Bob Probert once was, and he also never achieved the dominance that BGL has today in the world of fighting.
What's your point? 1 bloodshed makes you a bad fighter? He beat BGL fair and square, and did so in 15 seconds.
btw there was more of a fighting competition during Twist's time than there is now

Domi coulda pounded Brashear during his prime days in Philly, whereas nowadays Brashear the washed up boxer reigns the league. Not to mention goat.. Laraque didn't win all his fights last season.. He got cocky vs Ivanans and got thrown down for the 1st time in maybe 2 years.

Last edited:

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Best all time fighter is Tony Twist, Tony Twist, TONY TWIST. He made Rob Ray look like a chump and he's beaten the likes of Probert, Laraque and former teammate Kelly Chase.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Tony Twist is a great fighter, but I wouldn't put him in the top either, like Bullies mentioned he was incosistent and didn't always win his fights. I know that not everyone wins there fights, but he lost some that he should of won.

Another player that I have to mention is Peter Worrell, I know he didnt play in the NHL for a long period of time, but everyone was afraid of that guy, he could give fight as good as anybody.

Orr is a good fighter, he's been able to take down some big boys, but I just haven't seen him fight the top tier fighters so I can really judge him right now.

I personally don't believe Brashear is washed up, he can still hold is own against anybody in this league. But I have to agree sometimes he's a pussy and doesn't drop the gloves when someone challenges him.

padd

Registered Member
Another player that I have to mention is Peter Worrell, I know he didnt play in the NHL for a long period of time, but everyone was afraid of that guy, he could give fight as good as anybody.
Twist owend Worrel as well
Twist owend every great fighter and black man who challenged him, if not 1 time then another. He was more entertaining to watch than most NHL fighters who grapple and hold where as he would just destroy you as fast as possible.

Man, Worrel was not a great fighter at all! all he had was heigt on his side, he only beat up non fighters to be honest. Put him next to Twist or Brashear.. even Domi or of all people Aaron Downey and he wouldn't beat them down.

It's safe to say Domi is one of the all time greats.. yet people have been saying Worrel and Orr before him! come on people!

Last edited: