• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Best eBay Auction Ever. (imo)

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
It says it was last flown in 1995 though. And it's a single seater.. and the controls are in Russian.. How would you learn to fly it? You couldn't even have somebody with you to teach you. Looks like a hassle to me.

Once it was all said and done it would be awesome fun, but you'd need to put a lot of work into it.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.

leopard22

Registered Member
Scary that to the Chinese government if it is classified as an arms shipment, it's OK, but it's taxed if it's a luxury item. Things that make you go hmmmm.

This would be a serious cool thing to have. I don't think you could ever get it certified by the FAA to actually fly it however, no matter how much work you did on it. I could just see someone shooting you out of the sky 'cause they recognized the configuration of a Mig on their radar. WWIII begins .. a little late for the Soviet Union :D

Has anyone ever been to an air show where you can see these type of aircraft up close and personal? I've been to a few and once remember being at a huge one where some kind of a fighter jet came in low over the crowd walking along and scared the heck out of some little kid next to me. He didn't want to eat his ice cream after that baby zipped by and the sound of the engine arrived a couple of seconds later. That was cool.

Bunny_roses

what? no pink?
lol interesting position to be in. I suppose it would have been something to have checked into before plunking down that kind of cash hehe would be interesting to know how it worked out for him