• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Best Dunker of all time in the NBA

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
If Michael Jordan can dunk from the free throw line I am sure he could pull off a 360 dunk or a Windmill dunk, but never did them because it wasn't is style of dunks. Plus if you watch MJ in is first few years in the league he did have great in-game dunks. But I still think that Vince Carter is the best dunker because he brought a style to the league that was un-heard of at the time. He brought electricity everytime he dunked. If you compare dunks by dunks Vince Carter will have the best out of the two. And you think I am only saying this, but I've seen a lot of Best dunks of all time shows and Vince is always first overall.

C

Celtic Fan

I have never seen MJ do a 360, did he ever do that? And what about a real windmill?

What's the best in-game dunk MJ ever made? I think VC made at least 10 in-game dunks better than MJ's best dunk
watch the video son, he flew over/through NBA ppl

T

TheSportsGuy

It's a tough debate but I'd take MJ. He made some amazing dunks in his hayday, and souring from the foul line was just off the chains. I seriously don't know how you couldn't say that MJ and VC would be neck to neck on this baby. In a dunk contest, I'd take MJ; in a game where dunking is taken into matter, I'd probably take VC but still yet I'd love to have MJ in that situation, so MJ wins out on this one for me.

O

onez88888888

If you like VC's style, like I do, you pick Vince, but if you like MJ's style better you pick Jordan

S

sportsaholic

Carter is overrated. Its probablt Jordan and you could make an argument for Kemp.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Sorry but I don't understand why people say Vince Carter is overrated, what does he have to prove to make people say he's a good player? Win a championship, well if that's the case, then you don't think players like Barkley and Garnett good players, because they haven't won anything.

Now back to the subject. If they went head to head, both in their prime, I believe Carter would win, not my a land slide, but he still would be victorious, like if he pulled off the dunk where he put is whole arm in the rim, that would be icing on the cake.

C

Cavspurs923

MJ
VC (jumping over 7'2 guy in oylimpic's wow)
Dominique
LeBron
Kobe
J-Rich

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Personally I never considered J Rich a great dunker, yes he has made some sick dunks, but I think that Desmond Mason is better then he is. Some people might disagree with me, but I wouldn't put J Rich is top 10 dunkers of all time. Yes he's won two dunk competetions but I don't think is dunks are all that impressive.

Side Note: I did a new topic in a big basketball forum asking who's the best dunker of all time and around 20 replied, and 15 of them said Vince Carter first and then MJ. So that's saying something right there.

S

sportsaholic

I don't think hes a bad player hes just not as good as people say he is. O'm not gonna deny his talent.

C

Celtic Fan

Side Note: I did a new topic in a big basketball forum asking who's the best dunker of all time and around 20 replied, and 15 of them said Vince Carter first and then MJ. So that's saying something right there.
yeah, it's saying ppl's basketball memory is short, much like it is for the rest of society.

The 'best of all time' must have happened in the last 5 years because newer is always better.

Vince had was awesome in the dunk contest and he has thrown down some nasty in game dunks too.
Jordan just did it better over a longer period of time.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Babe_Ruth NBA 1
Fresh NBA 2
Babe_Ruth NBA 25
K NBA 3
K NBA 31