• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Best Dunker of all time in the NBA

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I agree I am not saying that other Slam Dunk competetions weren't fun to watch but he's the only one that left you speechless after is dunk and jumping with excitement at the same time. I ama Raptors fan, and I probably watched all the Raptors games that Vince played in and my jaw dropped so many times on the floor it's unbelievable, especially is double pump reverse dunk against the Pacers way back in the day.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Putting Jordan and Nique over Carter is very debatable but putting Shawn Kemp over Carter is ridiculous. Don't get me wrong Kemp was a vicious dunker, but he was no Carter, and if they went one on one Carter would be the winner. Also I believe in all the dunks in the NBA Dunk contest Carter had the best overall out of everyone who ever participated, and the best dunk of all time is by Vince Carter when he jumped over Fredic Weis.

Side Note: On The Best Damn Sports Show, they had 50 best dunks of all time and Carter dunk over Fredic Weis finished first out any Nique, Jordan, Kemp or anybody else dunks. That's saying something right there.

C

Celtic Fan

Putting Jordan and Nique over Carter is very debatable but putting Shawn Kemp over Carter is ridiculous. Don't get me wrong Kemp was a vicious dunker, but he was no Carter, and if they went one on one Carter would be the winner. Also I believe in all the dunks in the NBA Dunk contest Carter had the best overall out of everyone who ever participated, and the best dunk of all time is by Vince Carter when he jumped over Fredic Weis.

Side Note: On The Best Damn Sports Show, they had 50 best dunks of all time and Carter dunk over Fredic Weis finished first out any Nique, Jordan, Kemp or anybody else dunks. That's saying something right there.

yeah it's saying Frederic Weis will never be an NBA player.
Jordan, Nique and Kemp did it all vs NBA competition.
In game dunking is WAY more impressive than dunk competitions.
don't get me wrong, Dunk competitions are nyce and fun to watch, but beating a defender or going over them is more impressive.
watch the videos.. reassess.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Alright those dunks are very impressive don't get me wrong, but I am sure you've seen the dunks where Carter posterizes Ben Wallace and Tim Duncan, and those two players are not Shawn Bradley or Yao Ming(easy players to dunk on) there both big shot blockers. Also during one game Carter he jumped over Tayshaun Prince but just missed the dunk Prince is 6"9. Plus every year Carter has 3 plays in the top five basketball plays of the year, and two of them are on the 1 and 2 spot. Also Carter beat so many defenders going baseline and doing a reverse dunk or something of that nature. Carter is an awesome dunker in games as well. Not only in dunk competetions.

Also players like Paul Pierce and Ray Allen said that Vince Carter is the best dunker who ever played.

J

joee.

ok......i know there all good dunkers but im sure over 50% of the poeple here would pick vince over mj.

also if u took all the dunks that vc had in his career it wouldve been the same as the clip that u showed us.

C

Celtic Fan

you're living in the now.. only because I assume you weren't old enough (or born) back then.
I didn't say Vince is not a great dunker, but he's not done it as well or often as the 3 I mentioned who I believe are better than him.
Vince still has some sick dunks, especially when he was a motivated Raptor.
it just makes him 4th best IMO.
and it's plain stupid and insulting to even insuate he's better than Jordan.. dumb dumb dumb.
argue the other due, but get a clue please joee...

now these.. these are just toooooooooooooo sweet!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90C9VeB47v4

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I know you reffering to Joee about the age factor, but I was old enough to see Jordans and Nique and Kemps dunks, and I saw a lot of their highlights because I studied the game, and believe when I say this Carters dunks are more impressive then anybody on your list, don't me wrong there all incredible dunkers, especially Jordan, he's probably the closest to Carter, but Carter goes up with ease, and when he's up there, he can do anything he wants to, if it's a 360 or a reverse or just a tomahawk it's just incredible.

Your probably saying that I'm Biased because Vince Carter is my favorite player, well I am not I am a huge Jordan fan, but in all the dunks I've seen from these two phenomenal dunkers, Carters dunks are just more impressive and entertaining then Jordan's.

O

onez88888888

I have never seen MJ do a 360, did he ever do that? And what about a real windmill?

What's the best in-game dunk MJ ever made? I think VC made at least 10 in-game dunks better than MJ's best dunk

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Babe_Ruth NBA 1
Fresh NBA 2
Babe_Ruth NBA 25
K NBA 3
K NBA 31