Best dunk of all time?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
There's been a lot of great dunks through out the NBA and ABA in the last 60 years, but if you had to choose one, which dunk would you select?

For me it as to be the 2000 Olympic dunk from Vince Carter over Fredic Weis, he jumped over a 7"2 person, that's simply insane and I don't see any other dunk matching it, not even close.

YouTube - Vince Carter Dunk over Weis (best copy)

Actually there were some heated discussion at another forum I'm at. about 2/5 didn't think it was actually a dunk.

Technically I think it's a dunk but not one of the greatest ever. Though I did jumped out of my seat when I saw that live.

But I'ma go with MJ on this one. I didn't see it live but this one is just amazing regardless whether you watched it live or just replay it again and again.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I hate when people consider the Dwight Howard dunk one of the best, he said he ment to hit the ball so it goes in the net, but personally I believe you need to at least touch the rim with one hand or two hands to be a dunk. Dwight didnt even touch the rim with either hand.

I wouldn't even put Dwights dunk in the same breath as VC olympic dunk. But everyone is entitled to their own opinions.