• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

MLB Best Defensive Third Baseman in the AL

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'm having a debate with a member from these forums on Twitter and he's saying that Adrian Beltre is a better third baseman than Evan Longaria - which I respectfully disagree. In your opinion who's the best defensive third baseman in the American League and why?

MDougy7

Adrian beltre, hands down. That guy is amazing! Then prolly longo and then I would put seager up there even tho he has had a rough stretch here and there.

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
I also have to go with Evan Longoria. The guy is as smooth as they come at the hot corner, but that's not taking anything away from the above mentions. I just don't see any of the other guys making it so easy at 3rd. But regarding future gold gloves, I think Lawrie will grab a few. He's proving that he's getting into elite status at the position. Plus, I do think Machado will eventually move to SS.

Well, I have to go with the majority and say Evan Longoria, mostly because of his experience, but I'm pretty sure that down the line, Brett Lawrie and Manny Machado will be competing with Longoria for that honor.