Best defensive player

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Who do you think is the best defensive player in the outfield for the American League and in National League? I personally think it's harder to choose in the American League because you have three very good candidates in Ichiro Suzuki, Vernon Wells and Torrii Hunter, but personally I would rather have Vernon Wells because the guy is amazing no errors last year, and he can almost get to any balls that is hit in the centre field.

In the National League there's no doubt that the answer is Andruw Jones, he's simply the best that's all I have to say really.

Vegito728

Registered Member
Well I would say Jim Edmond's is better then Andrew. If you have seen both of them play it's pretty easy to figure out who is better. American League I would say Ichiro he's fast and can do spiderman tricks lol.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yes Jim Edmons is a good center fielder but he's no Andruw Jones, I think if there was a gold glove given to only center fielders I think Andruw Jones would take it, because he catches everything.

Vegito728

Registered Member
I don't know. I see a lot of Jim Edmond's and all I got to say is he's amazing. And Andrew does not have a accurate arm where Edmond's has a strong and accurate arm.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
That's true but Andruw Jones doesn't win all those gold gloves for nothing you know. There both great defensive players we can argue about it all day long on who's the best lol.

Vegito728

Registered Member
Lol ya I know how many gold gloves does Andrew have? Edmond's has 8.

A

ajclay

Vegito728 said:
Lol ya I know how many gold gloves does Andrew have? Edmond's has 8.
Andruw has eight as well.

And from the way this year has started... Jones will have 9 after 2006... Edmonds will have 8.

Edmonds has played 13 seasons.... winning the gold glove in 8 of those years..

Jones has played 9 seasons.... winning the gold glove in 8 of those years...

Edmonds v/s Jones - 2006

Edmonds has 3 errors in 55 chances
Jones has 1 error in 79 chances

Torii Hunter would be the #1 in my top 5 players in the field...

Others (any order):
Ivan Rodriguez
Derrek Lee
Luis Castillo
Omar Vizquel

A

ajclay

Also..

Did you know that Ken Griffey, Jr. leads the league with most gold gloves in the outfield?

with 10...

but he is not the best... Now.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Thanks for those stats buddy. That's why I said Andruw was better, and the only year he didn't win the ninth goldglove was in is rookie year cause I beleive he won those goldgloves in a row. Ken Griffey Jr was a beast in the outfield he got to every ball possible, it's a shame about all those injuries.

Vegito728

Registered Member
Lol you guys can say what you want, but I have watched both very closely and Edmond's is better by far imo. Andrew can't cover as much ground as Edmond's and doesn't have a very good arm. I think you need those to be a good outfielder.