Best defensive infielder

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I was wondering who do you guys think is the best defensive infielder and why?

For me I think it's Orlando Hudson second baseman for the Arizona Diamondbacks, he has won two straight gold gloves, the first one was in the American League with the Toronto Blue Jays, which he made incredible plays, then the second one was in the National League with the Arizona Diamondbacks. This guy does amazing things with his gloves, is a ball is hit near him he'll usually get to it, and retire the player. I think it's saying something when you win it in both leagues, especially that it's back to back.

Thoughts?

C

ChrisLDuncan

Either Adam Everett, maybe Eric Chavez when he's on...gotta be Everett he makes every play, and makes them look easy.

T

TBT

I'll say Adam Everett too... you know there keeping him for some reason with those offensive stats :D

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
It seems that you haven't seen Orlando Hudson play much. He's won two straight Gold Gloves(should of been 3), he has immaculate range, and does a jaw dropping play every game. If you have the chance to go see some highlights online I highly suggest you do. If you ever see a Arizona Diamonbacks game llok for him, because I guarantee he'll make something spectacular. He might even be better then the almighty Roberto Alomar.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I don't understand why you guys are saying Adam Everett, he's a good fielder but I would consider him the best infielder especially at second base, because Orlando is the best second baseman in the National League, he has proven that by winning the Gold Glove this year, he's not only the best second baseman in the N.L but he's also the best in the Major Leagues, he has proven that by winning back to back gold gloves, one in A.L and the other in the N.L. That's saying something.

T

TBT

I'm saying Everett because the best defensive stats (UZR, Rfg) have shown him to be great. Hudson is very good too though.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I don't understand why people say a player is good defensively by stats, offensively makes a little more sence, but you have to watch a player to see if he's good defensively, and trust me if you watch Hudson 150 times, and the same thing with Everett, you would choose Hudson hands down trust me.