• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Best Controller

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
So what's your favorite console or PC controller?

The 360 controller is tied with the PS2 Dual Shock, but who knows when that could change. Bringing up the rear is the Dreamcast controller, which Microsoft ripped off.

CaliforniaSteve

Registered Member
Hmm. Have to go with my childhood controller, the Sega Genesis controller, second generation. Had those extra buttons (XYZ) that were hardly ever used...Good times

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I like all XBOX controllers the best. The 360 ones are very similar to the originals. I do not like the big originals though. I'm talking about the S controllers.

RarePD

Registered Member
I liked the second generation Genesis controller as well. I mean, fighters were all the craze back then and that controller worked way better in games like SF/MKII than the standard SNES pad.

rydia57

I liked the second generation Genesis controller as well. I mean, fighters were all the craze back then and that controller worked way better in games like SF/MKII than the standard SNES pad.

Yes, indeed.... I LOVE the SNES controller. Not too many buttons, easy to maneuver, and it doesn't freeze on me. Also... did I say not too many buttons.:D

dDave

V.I.P.
I don't know why but I really liked the xbox controller, too bad I'm not an xbox fan, my second choice would be the wii controller, it's something different and it feels realyl cool, fits my hands perfectly.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I haven't played the XBOX 360 much but I assume since the controller is based off of the original XBOX controller its' probably pretty good.

I'm going to go with the original XBOX S controller though. I really liked the feel of it and the button placement was perfect for every game I played.

Original XBOX S Controller FTW.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Six months later and I have to say that the 360 controller is my favorite of all time. The button placement, size, and battery life are all awesome.

Plus I've never seen one broken. Ever.

EXQEX9

Yep.
By far the first Xbox controller. The big fat meaty beast of a controller.

Yeah, bitch.