Movies Best college comedies

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by StroShow, May 28, 2008.

1. StroShow

StroShow The return shall be legenday! V.I.P. Lifetime

Other than movies like Old school and Animal house what you say is a great college comedy?

2. Matriqulated

Matriqulated Future is Fused 3036A.D.

LOL those are the 2 that came to mind when I read the thread. I guess it's hard to make a college movie that isn't even funny so I'll instantly think of the classics.

PCU. Which is kind of in the spirit of animal house.

Rules of Attraction isn't a comedy exactly, but I thought it was funny as hell.

3. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Old School was pretty damned good, but Animal House is the winner.

4. padd

padd Registered Member

I just remebred..

Not Another Teenage Movie

non stop humor in that movie for me.

5. DLFerguson

DLFerguson Registered Member

Agreed. ANIMAL HOUSE is pretty much at the top of the pyramid when it comes to college comedies.

The first REVENGE OF THE NERDS comes in 2end place.

6. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

That's not a college movie though. I thought it was hilarious, but it's a high school movie.

7. padd

padd Registered Member

How about some of the American Pies?.. Maybe the college comedies werent as funny as the original HS school related one..

8. california9570

california9570 Registered Member

Van Wilder was great with Ryan Renolds (sp?) and Accepted is another college movie... but not exactly the greatest of all time though.

9. Matriqulated

Matriqulated Future is Fused 3036A.D.

I'd give it a D. Passing, barely. The guys from Knocked up and Super Bad is funny as hell though. Drom Daze is along the same caliber of college comedy.

*The Rules of Attraction was on it is listed as Comedy-Drama. I wasn't aware of the category so now I know.

10. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Superbad is by far the funniest of them all, not named Animal House of course. I remember watching this movie at the theaters and I couldn't stop laughing, it was just so funny, I saw it two weeks later and it was even funnier because I laughed so much the first time I miss some parts.