• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Best College Basketball Coach?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
In your opinion who fills these fields?

Best recruiter: John Calipari for me, but you can make arguments for Roy Williams and Billy Donavan

Best Game Coach: Tom Izzo, a lot of times he got further in March Madness with less impressive teams then the big guns.

Best Overall: Coach K. His record speaks for itself.

Last edited:

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Best recruiters - I'd say John Calipari, Bill Self, and Thad Matta. You could throw Rick Barnes and Bruce Pearl in there, too. Calipari definitely gets the most talent, but a lot of his recruits are one-and-done guys and I'm not sure that's great for a program, but hey, they have a chance to win the title this year.

Best game coach - Tom Izzo, Brad Stevens, Roy Williams, Coach K. These guys really know how to manage their teams in game situations and have great records in tournament time.

Best overall - It's hard to measure this. I think it could be almost anyone that I've mentioned.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Recruiter - EASILY Thad Matta. I may not be a big OSU fan, but Thad can recruit with the best of them. He has had great classes recently.

Game coach - Coach K. His win/loss record proves it. He can win games.

Overall - Has to be Coach K. He can coach consistent, winning teams all of the time, and has historically been one of the best coaches in College BB.