• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Best College Basketball coach

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I was curious who do you believe is the best head coach in College Basketball today? To make this more interesting, please leave out the top guys off.

-Mike Krzyzewski
-Tom Izzo
-Roy Williams

So in your mind who's the best current head coach in College Basketball, and why?

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Jim Boeheim of Syracuse. 825 Wins. If not him then Bill Self from Kansas.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Boeheim and Self are obviously up at the top.

Jamie Dixon has done an amazing job at Pitt.

And my homer pick is Thad Matta. He's turned Ohio State basketball into a national powerhouse. He's a great recruiter and usually has his team playing their best basketball at the end of the year.

Matt Painter at Purdue deserves a mention as well. That program was really struggling when he took over.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Painter did the best turnaround of the past few year. Great recruiter. I would put him at 5 on my list after Boeheim, Self, Matta and Donovan of Florida.