Best coach of all time

Discussion in 'NBA' started by Babe_Ruth, May 4, 2006.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Who do you think is the best coach of all time. I think it's between two people Red Auerbach who won nine Larry O'Brien trophies with the Boston Celtics, or Phil Jackson who also won nine Larry O'Brien trophies, it's very hard to choose between he is the fourth winniest coach of all time Red Auerbach that is 1,037 time in 20 years, he also won 8 Larry O'brien trophies in a row. You can not forget though about LArry Brown the only coach in NBA history to win a NCAA championship as a coach with the North Carolina Tarheels and as a NBA coach with the Detroit Pistons. But my choice is Red Auerbach is resume is to nice.

2. ajclay

ajclay Guest

Phil Jackson's script is still unfinished.

I think in today's era if he gets one more ring. he will be the top coach of all time.

Coaching 2 of the top players of all time in Jordan and Kobe, might help his cause as well. He fine tuned both players to be top 5 players of all time.

3. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Yeah but you can't forget that Red Auerbach coached some fine players himself just to name a few Bill Russell(maybe the best defensive player of all time) Bob Cousy and Pistol Pete Maravich, that's just to name a few. I know that Phil Jackson career as a coach is not done, but he's very unlikely to win another championship, especially with the Lakers, except if they get a dominant Centre again. Not knocking on Kobe but he can't do it by himself like Jordan was able to, even though he had Pippen.

4. fatboy

fatboy Guest

there are so many great coaches. i am a laker's fan so ima say Phil, but coaches like pat riley, larry brown, and lenny wilkens, who i think is the winningest coach of all time, are also greats. it is hard to say who is the best they are all the best in there own style. its like saying whats better McDonalds or, my favorite, taco bell. different people with different styles. so ima say go laker's. and pick Phil.

5. RajaB

RajaB Guest

i wouldnt really say wilkens. he just coached the most games in the history of coaches. i would have to go with phil jackson. people say he was good kuz he had MJ and kobe but i really like the wayy he coaches.