Best Classic Rock Band

Hoosier_Daddy

Registered Member
Let's hear who you think are the top 5 classic rock bands of all time, and maybe give a few reasons why you feel that way.

Hoosier

Hoosier_Daddy

Registered Member
Greenday is definetly in my top ten for a few reasons.

One, their song writer, Billy Joe Armstrong, has an uncanny ability to write songs that go to the heart of todays more volatile issues.

Two, other than Niel Peart from Rush, Tre Cool the drummer for Greenday is one of the best I've ever heard.

Hoosier

The Guess Who. They were huge and have accomplished a lot over the years. Some of their songs (like American Woman and to a lesser extent, These Eyes) are still well known to this day.

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
Veloci-T said:
id hav to say Green Day, they hav many good songs and have attracted new fans for mor than 13 years!
No, no, no, no! The title of the thread is "Classic Rock" as in 'good' and 'classic' and 'rock,' none of which is matching trait of Green Day. They are NOT classic, let alone rock. They're punk/pop and new compared to bands like the Eagles, AC/DC, Aerosmith, or any of the other usual classic rock bands.

Whew, well now that that's been said . . . I'd have to go with Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers or AC/DC as my favorite of the classical rock genre. They're tunes are just catchy and energetic.

Italiano

Film Elitist
80's Metallica,
AC/DC
Black Sabbath,
Van Halen,
The Doors,
Led Zepplin,
Judas Priest,
Quiet Riot,
Guns and Roses,
Pantera,