Best Classic Rock Band

Discussion in 'Music' started by Hoosier_Daddy, May 6, 2006.

1. Hoosier_Daddy

Hoosier_Daddy Registered Member

Let's hear who you think are the top 5 classic rock bands of all time, and maybe give a few reasons why you feel that way.

Hoosier

2. Veloci-T

Veloci-T Registered Member

id hav to say Green Day, they hav many good songs and have attracted new fans for mor than 13 years!

3. Hoosier_Daddy

Greenday is definetly in my top ten for a few reasons.

One, their song writer, Billy Joe Armstrong, has an uncanny ability to write songs that go to the heart of todays more volatile issues.

Two, other than Niel Peart from Rush, Tre Cool the drummer for Greenday is one of the best I've ever heard.

Hoosier

4. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

I enjoy the Eagles very much. I like their music, melodies, etc.

5. Malificus

Malificus Likes snow

The Guess Who. They were huge and have accomplished a lot over the years. Some of their songs (like American Woman and to a lesser extent, These Eyes) are still well known to this day.

6. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

No, no, no, no! The title of the thread is "Classic Rock" as in 'good' and 'classic' and 'rock,' none of which is matching trait of Green Day. They are NOT classic, let alone rock. They're punk/pop and new compared to bands like the Eagles, AC/DC, Aerosmith, or any of the other usual classic rock bands.

Whew, well now that that's been said . . . I'd have to go with Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers or AC/DC as my favorite of the classical rock genre. They're tunes are just catchy and energetic.

7. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Mine would have to be

Led Zepplin
    Guns and Roses
    ACDC
    Aerosmith

8. SenatorB

SenatorB J.S.P.S

The Doors are another good one to add to the list, donno, would be hard to pick favorites

9. Italiano

Italiano Film Elitist

80's Metallica,
    AC/DC
    Black Sabbath,
    Van Halen,
    The Doors,
    Led Zepplin,
    Judas Priest,
    Quiet Riot,
    Guns and Roses,
    Pantera,
    and The Scorpions

10. Hoosier_Daddy

F'in-A! There are some rockers here! I'm surprised though that no one mentioned Pink Floyd, Aerosmith, Sabbath, Foghat, Rush, or Triumph.

Hoosier