• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Best Buy Ditches the Time Clock Idea

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Best Buy gets rid of the employee time clock - March 1, 2007

Quite interesting. How nice would it be to work when you want, around your schedule, AND, get a nice discount on all of your favorite electronics?

Now you can. Well, at least if you work at one of select few Best Buy stores about to test out a new non time clock environment. With close to 100% employee turnover over a year's time, they are said to be losing a lot of money in extra expenses involved in training new people and shuffling schedules when people quit without notice. Apparently discounts alone are not doing the trick.

I think this is a very innovative approach to the blue collar (and blue shirts ironically) working class morale situation. It seems nobody really enjoys their job anymore, and perhaps a more flexible, easy going environment in big ticket stores like Best Buy is just the change that employees have been looking for. Circuit City and CompUSA look out. Your employees may soon be headed to the other side...

Taggart

Registered Member
I don't know if my Best Buy store is one that's being tested in that way, but I've been in the store several times in the last couple of weeks, specifically in The Geek Squad area.

It seems to me that they were very busy, but when you were dealing with an employee they were very professional and aware of customer satisfaction.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Best Buy is always really solid with their customer service. I've done some merchandising with Best Buy (where I would be in charge of setting up third party displays) and they were always easy to work with as well as knowledgeable when it came to tech questions. If they didn't know they would always direct me to somebody in the store who did.