Best build up

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
What are some of your favorite build ups?

Here's a recent one that I liked a lot.

The Unsanctioned match between Michaels and Jericho. They did such a great job of building it, both with them playing on their past fued, the slow building of Jericho's heel turn, the question marks over both men's intentions, the eye injury/retirement angle, pushing Jericho as a top heel and the whole character development of him being jealous yet fanatic of Michaels was so well done, honestly the best piece of character development and depth the WWE had in years

Shooting_Palanx

The Rock is cooking atm..
I like quite a lot of build ups actually, one of my favorites is the build up to the mainevent at Wrestlemania 2000. This year the Rock won the Royal Rumble and got a chance to face Triple H at Wrestlemania, but the storyline was so twisted and changed so many times, that the end result was like wtf?!? But mad storyline altogether, here's the build up.

YouTube - The Rock vs Triple H vs Mick Foley vs Big Show WrestleMania 2000 Promo

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
I like the whole Invasion build up thinking Stone Cold losing his passion for wresling and the WWE fans didn't know which side he would pick or if he could ever be our savior again. It was just the beginning of the Survivor Series between both brands. Because when Stone Cold came out and stunned like 8 WCW/ECW guys I never heard such a big pop. By far the best build up IMO.

Shooting_Palanx

The Rock is cooking atm..
Yeah that was an awesome build up Chris, loved it so much, and Austin defecting to the alliance was like the biggest wtf moment imo, I never would have seen it coming, it was crazy.

Unity

#WOKEN
Staff member
A good one was Batista winning the Rumble, and his interactions with Evolution from that point on...totally made you want to see him kick Trips' ass.