• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Best at home cardio exercises?

NellyBell

Registered Member
What are the best cardio exercises you can do at home that don't require equipment? I'm not including running and walking since I literally mean at home. (My ideal time for this is when my son is napping so I can't really leave the house.)

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I enjoy doing the Insanity DVD program. There are also other similar programs on YouTube. Are you able to work out in front of a tv? If so, there are some great cardio options.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Its really hard to get enough exercise when you can't leave the house. I don't know about you but I'm not big on getting down in the floor to do anything. However old fashion running in place, jumping jacks, etc will help. If you have hand and/or leg weights that will add to it.

Konshentz

Konshentz
I had pretty good results with P90X both times that I gave it a go. It's even better when you can just borrow the disks from a friend. Haha.

NellyBell

Registered Member
I enjoy doing the Insanity DVD program. There are also other similar programs on YouTube. Are you able to work out in front of a tv? If so, there are some great cardio options.
I haven't heard of that program before. I'll have to check that out. Thank you! Yup, I'm able to work out in front of a TV. I've browsed some YouTube channels but haven't found something that doesn't feel too monotonous. But alas, maybe that's just how cardio is.

Its really hard to get enough exercise when you can't leave the house. I don't know about you but I'm not big on getting down in the floor to do anything. However old fashion running in place, jumping jacks, etc will help. If you have hand and/or leg weights that will add to it.
It really is. I could probably do it later on in the evening when my husband gets home from work but I'm usually just too beat by that point. Haha, I can totally understand not liking to get down on the ground. That's not too big of a deal for me though. My problem is that I have a hard time with doing things that involve jumping ever since I had a kid. I really should get some hand/leg weights though, that would help spice things up. Thanks!

I had pretty good results with P90X both times that I gave it a go. It's even better when you can just borrow the disks from a friend. Haha.
I've heard good things about P90X - other than the price. I'll have to see if I have some friends who have it lying around, haha. I've heard it's super exhausting though. What time of day did you usually do it?

Keri35

Registered Member
There are tons of free videos online. You can watch them on your TV. I've found several kickboxing and dance workouts.

Do you have stairs at your house? Run up and down those several of times. As long as you break out a sweat, it's a great cardio workout.

Sophia

Registered Member
Step aerobics would get the job done and there are tons of videos online you could use. I lost the most weight and stayed fit when I was doing this. There are lots of good suggestions here. Please let us know which ones you choose.

NellyBell

Registered Member
There are tons of free videos online. You can watch them on your TV. I've found several kickboxing and dance workouts.

Do you have stairs at your house? Run up and down those several of times. As long as you break out a sweat, it's a great cardio workout.
There are tons of them! I'm still exploring all the options out there. I'm not much of a dancer but kickboxing sounds like a lot of fun. I do have stairs, so that's an easy option too. Thank you!

Step aerobics would get the job done and there are tons of videos online you could use. I lost the most weight and stayed fit when I was doing this. There are lots of good suggestions here. Please let us know which ones you choose.
I hadn't considered step aerobics but that does seem like a good option, especially since you've had such great results. There really are a lot of great options. I think I'm going to give a bunch of these a try. I'll let you guys know which ones I enjoy.

Thanks for all the help!