• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Movies Best Actor - Semi Final

Who do you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Impact

V.I.P.
Down to the final four. In the case of the tie last round, I removed my vote.

Morgan Freeman vs. Denzel Washington

Tom Hanks vs Heath Ledger

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Definitely not who I wanted in the final round, but it is what it is.

In the first match-up I went with Denzel Washington over Morgan Freeman. Overall I just believe Washington is the better actor out of the two and I've enjoyed more of his movies then Freeman's.

In the second match-up, I went with Tom Hanks over Ledger. I've enjoyed many performances from Hanks, but only enjoyed two from Ledger. Who's knows how many other great roles he would of done if he haven't passed away so young.

Dabs

Registered Member
May I say, they are all fantabulous actors! But Morgan Freeman hasn't made a movie yet that I don't like :)

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I went for Freeman and Hanks. I recognise their opponents are very good actors but in terms of roles played, the variety and their performance and ability to transform a movie into something good because of that instead of "the movie is bad/ok but x is a good actor"...Freeman and Hanks, win.

Impact

V.I.P.
I'm honestly surprised Leonardo DiCaprio didn't make it through. But, it was a tie vote and he only didn't make it through because I had to remove my vote.

Anyway, I went with Washington and Ledger. They just have more performances that I enjoy. All good actors up there though

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I went with Morgan Freeman and Tom Hanks...Freeman just because I think with acting skills he and Denzel are tied, and he's a personal favorite of mine. Hanks I think has the best range and ability out of the whole group. I'm hoping to see him win it all.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Easy choices for me here with Morgan Freeman and Tom Hanks

Two of my all-time favorites.

Dabs

Registered Member
Tom Hanks is one of the top notch versatile actors around. He can play the serious stuff like Philadelphia, and The Green Mile. Then he can be such a comic, like in the movie Big and The Money Pit, that was an oldie (anyone remember that movie?) And how about when he first was starting out, he played in Bosom Buddies!

So of course it's obvious, my choices are Freeman and Hanks. Gonna be tough if they are up against one another.

Last edited:

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I went with Morgan Freeman and Tom Hanks...Freeman just because I think with acting skills he and Denzel are tied, and he's a personal favorite of mine. Hanks I think has the best range and ability out of the whole group. I'm hoping to see him win it all.
Freeman played a redeemed convict (Shawshank), a chauffer (Driving Miss Daisy), detective of serial murders (Se7en), Dr Alex Cross (psychologist detective in 2 different movies), CEO of Wayne (aka batman) Enterprises, etc. Or just this: He was Mandela and he was God. Can't beat that. :lol: