• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Movies Best Actor - Round 1 - Poll 6

Who do you prefer? 1 vs 2. 3 vs 4. 5 vs 6. 7 vs 8. 9 vs 10

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Impact

V.I.P.
The time has come for everyone to vote for who they think is the best actor. All actors in this poll were chosen from the Favourite Actors Draft so no bitching and moaning at me. As Wade won the draft, the 8 actors he picked will be entered in at a later stage. All actors were matched together randomly using Random.org List Generator.

Mel Gibson vs. Matt Damon

Jim Carrey vs. Mel Blanc

Richard Dean Anderson vs. Joseph Gordon-Levitt

Will Smith vs. John Candy

Anthony Hopkins vs. Bill Murray

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Mel Gibson over Matt Damon. Damon might be more sane, and making better movies then Gibson at this point and time, but when you look at both of there overall careers, Gibson destroys Damon in my opinion.

Jim Carrey is arguably my favorite comedian actor, ever. So this was definitely an easy choice for me.

I went with Levitt over Anderson. I loved Anderson in MacGyver, but he hasn't made a good movie in his life. Levitt is one of the better actors today in my opinion.

Smith vs. Candy was a tough one. I think Candy is hilarious. But in the end my vote went to Will since he's a more diverse actor. He can play a serious character or even a comedic one. He went longs after his Fresh Prince days.

I can't stand Hopkins so the last match-up was another easy one. Murray has a different sense of humour then a lot of other comedians, but he's terrific in his roles.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
Mel Gibson vs. Matt Damon - Mel Gibson for sure. Damon is a competent actor, and I like watching his stuff, but Gibson just has so many more classic awesome movies on his resume.

Jim Carrey vs. Mel Blanc - Jim Carrey. No need to explain.

Richard Dean Anderson vs. Joseph Gordon-Levitt - Richard Dean Anderson of course, he was MacGyver, and he was O'niel in stargate, and all the stargate movies. He's just such a solid actor. He play the smart, sophisticated roles, and the slow, badass tough guy roles as well. He's just a good actor.

Will Smith vs. John Candy - John Candy. I love will smith, but I can't deny Candy my love. He was just so good at cracking me up.

Anthony Hopkins vs. Bill Murray - This one was crazy hard. Hopkins is an amazing actor. However, so is Murray. I ended up going with Murray on this one, because comedy is my favourite type of movie.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.

Konshentz

Konshentz
Yeah, apparently talent is not what these other people look for. ;)

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
Acting is just acting, some people like it, some people don't. Just because you don't an actor doesn't make them a terrible actor. It just make them an actor you don't like.

Bliss

Sally Twit
Mel Gibson vs. Matt Damon - I've never really understood why so many people like Mel Gibson to be honest. I don't think he's anything special.
I chose Matt Damon because I think he has the talent to go very far in his career. I thought his character in 'The Talented Mr. Ripley' was fabulous and he should try more roles like that.

Jim Carrey vs. Mel Blanc
- Jim Carrey is my favourite actor of all time so he won this very easily. I love my comedy and there is nobody that does it better than Jim. He has some of the best facial expressions I've ever seen and some of the things he has done in films have kept me laughing hours later after I've finished watching. And I also rewind a lot of his films to watch his hilarious moments over and over again.

Richard Dean Anderson vs. Joseph Gordon-Levitt
- I don't have a clue who the first person is. Even Google didn't help me identify him. Joseph is OK. But he isn't anything special to me. I did think he was good in Inception but then I think there are other actors that could have pulled it off just as well.
Maybe I'll have a better opinion of him when the next Batman film is out.

Will Smith vs. John Candy
- I fucked this one up. I chose Will smith by mistake.
Lauren - please change my vote if you see this!
Will Smith is extremely talented, don't get me wrong. And he has made me cry a lot when watching him in emotional scenes. But John Candy is a legend. I really miss him and wish he was still around to make more quality films.

Anthony Hopkins vs. Bill Murray
- I did have to think about this one, but not for too long.
Bill Murray got my vote because I think he is a charmer. I think he is funny but can also be pretty sweet. I enjoyed watching him in 'Groundhog Day' especially. It's an awesome film and one that I can watch over and over without getting bored.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
For this one I went with...

Gibson over Damon
Carrey over Blanc
Smith over Candy
Murray over Hopkins

Carrey, Smith and Murray are guys who I've liked in multiple films

Matt Damon annoys me