• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Movies Best Actor - Round 1 - Poll 4

Who do you prefer? 1 vs 2. 3 vs 4. 5 vs 6. 7 vs 8. 9 vs 10

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Impact

V.I.P.
The time has come for everyone to vote for who they think is the best actor. All actors in this poll were chosen from the Favourite Actors Draft so no bitching and moaning at me. As Wade won the draft, the 8 actors he picked will be entered in at a later stage. All actors were matched together randomly using Random.org List Generator.

Kevin Spacey vs. John Hurt

Ewan McGreggor vs. Humphrey Bogart

Patrick Dempsey vs. Denzel Washington

Natalie Portman vs. Bruce Willis

Steve Buscemi vs. Robert Downey Jr.

*ahem* Just ignore the typo in the poll

Last edited:

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Specey over Hurt, I don't even think I've seen a movie from Hurt before so this wasn't hard for me to choose at all. Spacey was great in Pay it Forward.

Humphrey Bogart vs. McGreggor was another easy one. Bogart is a top A actor and McGreggor is awful, especially when you put him against the likes of Humphrey.

Next we have another easy one. Washington burries Dempsey in this match-up. I didn't even know Patrick was in any movies actually. I thought he was only a television show actor.

Willis over Portman in another easy one. Portman is hot, but she hasn't been in many good movies, especially compared to one of the best action hero's like Bruce Willis.

In the last match-up I went with Downey Jr. It was close, but overall I believe Downey Jr. is the better actor.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
Kevin Spacey vs. John Hurt - John must be Hurt-ing because I voted for Spacey. I have no clue who John Hurt is actually. But I like Spacey in a lot of things.

Ewan McGreggor vs. Humphrey Bogart - I've never had the awesomeness to have seen any of Bogarts films, so I can't really judge his prowess. I went with Ewan McGreggor because he's a badass!

Patrick Dempsey vs. Denzel Washington - I chose Washingston (lol imp :lol:) Because I think he's the next guy to take over Morgan Freeman's signature black president role in movies haha.

Natalie Portman vs. Bruce Willis - Bruce Willis, a badass action hero, against Natalie Portman, some blonde actress gal.....Bruce Willis for sure.

Steve Buscemi vs. Robert Downey Jr. - This one was hard, I like both of them, but in the end I chose Downey.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
Portman isn't blonde. Who the hell are you thinking of?

Okay, maybe not that blonde lol. I was more talking blonde as the personality and less as the hair colour =P What the hell do i know about actors :lol:

Konshentz

Konshentz
Portman is actually a really good actress and far from the blonde personality type.

If Dempsey gets one vote... I will lose all hope for humanity. :lol:

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
Portman is actually a really good actress and far from the blonde personality type.

If Dempsey gets one vote... I will lose all hope for humanity. :lol:
What if some people like his acting? There's no such thing as good or bad acting. There is just acting, and some people like it or don't like it.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
No, it was acting. Acting that you didn't happen to like, but acting nonetheless. Obviously those people were doing something they liked doing. Who am I to say that they suck or not? I certainly wouldn't want my named ripped through the mud. It's much easier hearing someone say that they don't like my art than for someone to simply say that it sucks or is terrible. There's nicer ways of displaying discontent.

Konshentz

Konshentz
It was TERRIBLE acting (and some horrendous voice-over work as well). You make me laugh, dude. It's alright to think something is bad, I swear, we won't think any less of you. Haha.