• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Movies Best Actor - Round 1 - Poll 2

Who do you prefer? 1 vs 2. 3 vs 4. 5 vs 6. 7 vs 8. 9 vs 10

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Impact

V.I.P.
The time has come for everyone to vote for who they think is the best actor. All actors in this poll were chosen from the Favourite Actors Draft so no bitching and moaning at me. As Wade won the draft, the 8 actors he picked will be entered in at a later stage. All actors were matched together randomly using Random.org List Generator.

Julia Roberts vs. Leonardo DiCaprio

Ralph Fiennes vs. Nicolas Cage

Sidney Poitier vs. Tom Hanks

David Duchovny vs. Leslie Nielsen

Jimmy Stewart vs. Cary Grant

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I went with DiCaprio in the first match-up. He's one of my favorite actors of all-time, and I cannot stand Roberts so it was an easy decision for me on this one.

Second match-up I voted for Cage. I know he's made some horrible movies in the last few years, but The Rock, Con Air and Face-Off make up for those horrible movies.

The third match-up was a toughie. I love Tom Hanks, he's a terrific actor, but I decided to go with Poitier, who I believe was more talented then Hanks, but just by a hair. Both are great though.

Nielsen over Ducovny and it's not really close actually. Ducovny is a terrible actor in my opinion, and I cannot think of one good movie he's been in.

Last one was another tough one to choose. In the end I went with Grant. Stewart is one of the best actors of all-time, and maybe even better than Grant but in the end I enjoyed more Grant's movies then Stewart's.

Impact

V.I.P.
I went with DiCaprio, Fiennes, Hanks and Duchovny.

DiCaprio is one of my favourite actors, if not my favourite and arguably one of the best actors nowadays. Fiennes...well I like pretty much every role he has played whereas Cage is hit or miss. I have no idea who Poitier is, and I have nothing against Hanks and Duchovny because he's just amazing :lol: I didn't know either two from the last match up so I didn't vote.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
Julia Roberts vs. Leonardo DiCaprio - I went with Julia Roberts because I can't stand DiCaprio, he always seems so fake to me.

Ralph Fiennes vs. Nicolas Cage - Cage of course, he's never made a bad movie.

Sidney Poitier vs. Tom Hanks - I've always liked Tom Hanks, so I picked him.

David Duchovny vs. Leslie Nielsen - Is this even a contest? Who the hell is David Duchovny? Leslie Nielsen all the way!

Jimmy Stewart vs. Cary Grant - I didnt vote in this one because I don't remember who either of these people are.

Konshentz

Konshentz
Leonardo DiCaprio OVER Julia Roberts. DiCaprio is the best actor working today. Enough said.

Ralph Fiennes OVER Nicholas Cage. Cage is awful, I'd pick any one over him.

Tom Hanks OVER Sidney Poitier. Hanks has starred in some really good movies over the years, he gets my vote.

David Duchovny OVER Leslie Nielson. Nielson is overrated in my opinion and anyone who says Duchovny is a bad actor has never watched an episode of The X-Files or Californication (I know, I know... this was supposed to be movie actors). Haha.

Jimmy Stewart OVER Cary Grant. Who? Haha. I voted for Stewart because he shares my last name, well, kind of. Wrong spelling.

Bliss

Sally Twit
Julia Roberts vs. Leonardo DiCaprio - Easy as fuck lol. Julia Roberts has not nothing on Leonardo DiCaprio. I've only ever liked her in Pretty Woman. Other than that she has always annoyed me.
Leonardo DiCaprio is in my top 5.

Ralph Fiennes vs. Nicolas Cage
- Nicolas Cage because I don't know who the other guy is. I am not a huge fan of Nicolas Cage by any means but I did like him in 'Gone In Sixty Seconds' and 'FACE/Off'.

Sidney Poitier vs. Tom Hanks
- Tom Hanks is a brilliant actor and he got my vote without any thought. He can be silly and serious and he does both of those absolutely brilliantly.

David Duchovny vs. Leslie Nielsen
- Who the fuck is David Duchovny? I Googled him and I now know who he is but I had no clue what his name is. I've only ever seen the guy in 'Sex and The City' so it's hard for me to comment on him. That said, Leslie Nielsen was in my list so he would have won my vote.
He was absolutely hilarious in so many films. I felt really sad when he passed away.

Jimmy Stewart vs. Cary Grant
- Jimmy Stewart! He was absolutely charming. He was extremely well spoken and just had something amazing about him that always drew me in to any character he was playing.